Payback time!

Thorondor

Back with a vengeance, the second incarnation of the Warhammer 40.000 Dawn of War series returns with Retribution, a beefy stand-alone expansion pack that sports a 16-mission campaign playable from any of your preferred factions: Space Marines, Tyrannids, Chaos, Orks, Eldar, or the Imperial Guard.

Looking fighting-fit, it retains all of its characteristic elements of tactical micro-management and adds meaningful hero customization, additional force deployment, a special co-op multiplayer mode and more.

Squad, get ready for drop-pod impact !

I'm currently playing Dawn of War 2 and it's a really strong game which has completely departed almost every single system employed by the original. So far there is minimal point holding, no base construction and very limited resources making it a very different game.

Instead missions are played with a maximum of 4 squads of varying troop types who gain level, skill and item upgrades as the campaign progresses. The enemy has also changed and is no longer the unstoppable horde that the player encountered in the first game but a limited number of pre-placed units which can be dealt with in many different ways or ignored completely in some cases.

I haven't spent a great deal of time on this game yet as I'm concentrating on finishing SoulStorm first (DoW1 expansion) but then I'll be back to it all guns blazing and I'm looking forward to it for an experience that's just a bit different from your average RTS!