Fear the stalker

Abulafia

As a side effect of trying to test if enemy anatomy (level 3 stalker skill) works at all, it seems it does work with guns.

Test results (200 aimed shots with a WRB needler modded to do "Psi" damage, using a soldier with super heroic enemy skill, heroic close combat skill, point blank range so 100% hit chance, if you care for detail) were -

Enemy anatomy skill, non commando weapon - 41 crits

No enemy anatomy skill, commando weapon - 48 crits

Enemy anatomy skill, commando weapon - 152 crits

Which is pretty convincing that enemy anatomy is correctly tripling crit chance, even with a firearm.

Next question is, can melee weapons actually crit?

I can't make a damn katana crit at all, so the question of whether enemy anatomy works in melee, which is what I was originally testing, is still open.

At first I thought the designers had been clever and made crit chance an inverse function of attack speed (I'd modded the katana down to 0.1s swings to make the testing faster) but testing with time FLT and longshot FLT both set to 5.0 still gave me not a single crit.

Has anyone out there actually seen a critical hit with a melee weapon? if so I can start looking for things that are stopping the crits happening, but it's currently looking like melee weapons don't crit.