100% Accuracy "Bug"

Abulafia

I've finished up testing out my theory on the 100% accuracy effect - where adding multiple accuracy enhancing add ons to a weapon gave it a 100% hit chance out to maximum range.

I've found that the number of accuracy add ons doesn't matter, what's causing the bug is the to hit formula failing when a weapon's accurate range (accuracy FLT) becomes equal to or greater than the weapon's maximum range (range FLT).

In the unmodded game, and in several mods, it's fairly easy to increase accuracy FLT beyond range FLT for most weapons, because most weapon add ons don't modify range, just accuracy.

Just putting a gyroscope (1.15 accuracy multiplier) and a movement finder (1.2 accuracy multiplier) on a SPAS 12 (range FLT 11 accuracy FLT 8.5) will raise accuracy FLT to (1.15*1.2*8.5) 11.73 and make the to hit formula go nuts.

A quick and easy fix if you don't want to screw around a lot with weapon values is to change all accuracy modifying add ons to modify range by the same amount they modify accuracy. So in the above example, if a gyro and movement finder also increased range by 1.15 and 1.2, respectively, the SPAS' accuracy FLT will still be increased to 11.73, but its range FLT will also increase to (1.15*1.2*11) 15.18, keeping it higher than the modified accuracy FLT value and preventing the 100% accuracy effect from kicking in.