Mod that removes auto ability selection? For S2

ShadownetN

So you all know that inactive troops at the HQ gain levels as your hero does, and I'm fine with that, but I find it annoying how troops have already selected their abilities when you recruit them. For someone like an engineer, it can be either difficult or impossible to get the Master Engineer ability (or something like that) which lets them repair panzerkleins and use other tools. So is there a mod that doesn't let them pre-pick their skills? It's one of the things that make me reluctant to just accept a squad member's death and not quick load.

• 4 months later...

Well ,I know you can change their auto selections (can't remember which table those are in). I don't know if leaving those blank would work, or just leave them with no perks and no points.

I too found that very annoying. I usually use the console to de-level then re-level those guys.

• 2 weeks later...
I must have been thinking of another game when I thought the perks were predetermined somewhere. I could find the table I thought I was referring to. But I made a script mod you can try out that will reset the desired unit. I have not tested it beyond verifying that it works though. So it may have unintended consequences during the campaign. You must use the command console, but the function eliminates the need for multiple commands and knowing unitID's. I will upload it to the files section, it's called ResetUnitMod_S2 and it's waiting for admin approval.