Cultist armor

mr.rhoads

It's possible, but if you equip a soldier with a cultist armor, you can equip him/her with a helmet too, and that's looks weird. However, the laputian heavy armor cannot be equipped with a helmet, but I think there's no way to make another "heavy armor template" without modifying the game's exe.

First of all you can make whatever armor you wish playable. In fact even reticulan or wargot meshes can be used. Secondly armors are discribed in share/config/units/armour_st.txt file. Here you can set wheather the armor set has a head slot or not, does it have a backpack, its alternative models for various factions etc.

To make cultist armor equipable i suggest you to copy light human armor in equipment.txt (call it whatever you wish) and just replace its protection values, model values and bonus part with cultist light armor`s. Then you need to copy cultist light armor in armour_st, rename it to match its entry in equipment.txt and set subrace to 'Male' (or 'CivMale' - i cant recall correctly).

This should make your armor usable.

Can i add a my own model?? Replace light or medium armor for example...i tried replace VERTS and COUNTS in converted .txt files but that doesnt work for me...model is invisible ingame or game crashes

You need a decent modelling program, a meshconverter and a MEEALOV utility to do that. It is a complex procedure that no one will explaing you how to do since its quite time consuming :laugh:

First of all you can make whatever armor you wish playable. In fact even reticulan or wargot meshes can be used. Secondly armors are discribed in share/config/units/armour_st.txt file. Here you can set wheather the armor set has a head slot or not, does it have a backpack, its alternative models for various factions etc.

Okim, if you want to remove the backpacks from an armour do you just set backpack STR to 0, or delete the backpack STR line completely for that armour, or something else?

Okim, if you want to remove the backpacks from an armour do you just set backpack STR to 0, or delete the backpack STR line completely for that armour, or something else?

Replace the original backpack line of the armor with backpack STR "tactical/models/units/na_backpack.txt"

BTW, if you want to have different armor variant for the same set of armor of the same faction they all must have or have no backpacks. Otherwize with each shot (!) they will get or loose their BP. I`ve tried to make locals to have armor variants with and without packs and it resulted in such a weirdeness :laugh:

Replace the original backpack line of the armor with backpack STR "tactical/models/units/na_backpack.txt"

BTW, if you want to have different armor variant for the same set of armor of the same faction they all must have or have no backpacks. Otherwize with each shot (!) they will get or loose their BP. I`ve tried to make locals to have armor variants with and without packs and it resulted in such a weirdeness :laugh:

Thanks Okim!

I've not looked at armour varients. This is a way of having enemy units have different graphics for a bit of variety?

Thanks Okim!

I've not looked at armour varients. This is a way of having enemy units have different graphics for a bit of variety?

Yes.

Here is an example: 4 differently looking variants of the same cultist light armor.

https://okim.nickersonm.com/ufo/cult2.jpghttps://okim.nickersonm.com/ufo/cult3.jpg

https://okim.nickersonm.com/ufo/cult4.jpghttps://okim.nickersonm.com/ufo/cult5.jpg