UFO: Alien Invasion - Technical Demo

Pete

Following up on my previous post about this exciting new project, I've just completed the tech demo and I must say it's quite impressive! Well done to the team!

The music and graphics are great, and the style of play is... somewhat familiar :) If you haven't checked it out already, then I recommend that you do - it's worth the larger file size if you download the version with music included.

A Linux version of the demo is also now available for all you Linux fans!

Head on over to https://ufo.myexp.de and give praise/help/support/comments where appropriate.

I just played that game about an hour ago (without sound of course :) Blasted school computers), and I found that it was really well done. Although there were a few things that I found that were a little odd... But that's prolly just me! I can't wait until it's actually released!

-PHOENIX

Just a small note - not everyone has a iddle mouse button :)

Also, with the camera - currently you can turn it around and change elevation, but changing elevation angel would be neat too so you could like move the camera to a point behind your unit's shoulder and see their line of sight or something. It's not always easy to tell if you're going to hit the enemy or a building :)

I think you're well on the way to a great little game here. Any joy with the PC magazines yet?

why do poeple have a mouse without a middle mouse button... 

We will define a key for turning then.

Hehe, I'm not sure. I have a mouse with five buttons so I don;t mind. Just thinking of those fols who won't be able to change the zoom :)

Fair comment on the polycount. Perhaps something you could add in if you get the time at the end? Something that could be turned on or off in the options menu?

Just a thought :)

And indeed folks, thecyke makes a good point above which maybe I haven't spelled out in the two recent news posts.

Well... I imagine there are bound to be missions where there are wide open spaces, but again I'd go with the idea of having the option to turn the feature off or on depending on how good your system is to suit both scenarios.

Purely a suggestion naturally.

FPS games have complicated algorithms, so non-visible objects are not rendered if they are behind a wall or something. In most cases this would not work in our game. :hmmm:

However, the way it's done in other strategy games like Warcraft3 is some kind of "Fog of War". Map objects and actors disappear, when they are far away.

Maybe something like that would make sense.

• 4 weeks later...

B) Good Demo .... shame that u can only get 8 men in the craft not like enemy unknown.....

also what happened to the globe???

:)

Good start to the remaking of the game about time to as the game is one of the best i ever played... on any format...

but need a scroling between men button like of first game hope it gets blood to and destoyable stuff to thats what i hope

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...