Mine Disabling Kit

I have tried numerous ways of utilizing this mysterious little kit, and now I can't progress in the game because every mission has these silly little mines lurking about.

They don't seem target able, and "using" the kit, in or on the area, just sets off the mines. My engineer is properly "educated", and I have ensured that the toolkit does contain the "mine disabling kit", and not a suit repair, or robot repair kit.

Detailed directions are not provided ingame, and conveniently missing from the manual, the website, and the wiki.

If anyone has figured this out, I'd really appreciate some information.

*Edit*

I tried again today, after looking through the "Official" game forums, which were down before, and seem to be back up and running. I see alot of claims that you simply equip and get close and use the kit near the mines, but I just tried it, and it does not work.

Is the game bugged? Is the Mine Dismantling Kit a non-functioning part of the game?

• 2 weeks later...

Unless you have a corrupted file in your game (wich would be very unlikely, unless you have a mod that does not work properly), the mine disabling kit works correctly (apart of the bug that makes it keep using ammunition after the mine has already been disabled and you need to cancel the action).

You need to click on one of the icons on the side of the kit (i think it looks like a hand, but i don't remember exactly), and then click over the mine you want to disable.

If there are multiple mines together you need to be careful, target the one closer to you to avoid setting off the others.

If you move the engineer near the mine before using the kit it's possible that it may accidentally detonate if you are too close.

It works best if you place the engineer on one side of the minefield (to avoid activating other mines when you disable one) but not too close and then you can use the kit on the nearest mine, and repeat the process while there are mines left.