SS weapon graphic modding

boomer ang

Hi,

I know that's quite late in 2011.... but I would like to mod S2/3 and H&S. I already have a working editor ( even if it has a couple of issues ) and a working Maya 6.

I would like to start anyway with basic but despiting the right usage of rexctractor it outputs me a huge amount of unknown files , which files are them ?

I have also tried the export function to no avail, it outputs an ODBC error despiting my msde works fine.

BTW, is there a way to mod weapon graphic models ?

Could you also please point me to the H&S editor ? I know it was available as " gift " by a member but the link is no longer available , do you have it somewhere ?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

I know that's quite late in 2011.... but I would like to mod S2/3 and H&S. I already have a working editor ( even if it has a couple of issues ) and a working Maya 6.

I would like to start anyway with basic but despiting the right usage of rexctractor it outputs me a huge amount of unknown files , which files are them ?

I have also tried the export function to no avail, it outputs an ODBC error despiting my msde works fine.

BTW, is there a way to mod weapon graphic models ?

Could you also please point me to the H&S editor ? I know it was available as " gift " by a member but the link is no longer available , do you have it somewhere ?

Thanks

Hello, Boomer.

The 'unknown' files are numbered and should match their respective entries in the database. Beware that some of the texture files will have several entries for both supported resolutions (800x600 and 1024x768). The exact specifics I do not know.

The 'export' term is really a misnomer as it does two things: 1. imports the texture into the editor and 2. creates a res file in the mod folder

I just open the texture I am interested in modifying, copy screen and paste it into the Jasc Paint Shop, crop the texture out and then its ready to be edited.

Without new models it is the only way I know how to do it. It was quite frustrating at first until I got the hang of it.

1. AK-47 to AS-44 (Avtomat Sudaeva)

post-4363-1296183777_thumb.png

2. StG-43 to StG-44 (I wish I had the models for MKbs, but, oh well. I'll try to go around it somehow for my "Hunt for StG" subplot)

post-4363-1296183823_thumb.png

Here are a few more examples of texture changes:

post-4363-1296183861_thumb.png

Basically, the primary goal of all of these is - variety...

Blunter