Call me the Master of Alien Colony Infiltration

hi all....to start with...UFO was probably the easiest way anybody could enter bases...cause u started out already inside (lucky you) except for cydonia of course...but now TFTD makes u have to actually infiltrate the place, and i know many of u are getting pretty pissed at the fact that once u step out of your ship, you're already being stalked,and picked off by snipers...i have learned to deal with all of these problems with very few and sometimes even no losses at all...i've learned to be pretty damn sneaky when it came to getting past those little bastards that just love to play with u before they kill u off (hell...now i play with them) getting in there seems to be the hardest part for everybody...inside though is a different story...i have even learned to take on an entire colony with just 4 men going in and out without a casualty...it's the getting in part thats just so fun to me...u wanna get in there by avoiding detection at all costs :) ....but i'm mad now because i can't find a challenge...but i can see if any of u have a challenge for me....if any of u need some advice on infiltration methods...feel free to ask...i'm waiting u maggots...time to go back to basic training!!!!

:)AAAAARRRRGGG!!!!

WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION PRIVATE PILE?!?!?! GIVE ME THAT THERMAL SHOCK TAZER!!!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUIET! Foul-mouthed lightweight :) You don't know the meaning of tactical prowess. Everyone at this site has been playing XCom for decades and I can't name a single person here who hasn't completed every XCom game there is at least once (There are some but I can't name them!) If you want a challenge put it on superhuman and take an entire squad w/ no mind control and only one primary weapon, no reloads, no 'nades, no medkits... No casualties and fight to the death on both levels... It's should be easy if you're as good as you say you are. *cough* reloader *cough* It's easy to take out a base with fewer men rather than more. I once had 11 colonies to destroy and I couldn't be bothered to kill them all. I took one man in the craft and went straight through the first level into the second. Ran to the synomium device, destroyed it, aborted... The quickest time I did it in was about 9 turns I think...

The hardest part of the colony mission is walking a full squad (10+ men) to the lift. Take 4 guys, one with a PWT and three with gauss rifles and thermal shock launchers. One reload on rifles and 4 bombs for the PWT and shock launchers. Go in the east or west corridor. Gun down aliens over lift with autofire from rifles. Get on lift, abort. In base get to third level down. Use shock lauchers on lobstermen. Find the control room. There is a hole the the third floor above the synodium (sp) device. Send in PWT. Get out of there.

1st of all,

Apocalypse actually seems to be the easiest

one.for me at least (or maybe it's speed problems).

it's the only one I finished anyway.

2nd,

It's no reason to get angry.

Calm down. :angel:

3rd,

Excuse my perhaps

poor grammar since english

isn't my main language. :alien2:

:)

Please, please, folks, keep things civil, or else I shall have to enforce my limited moderatorly powers on ... oh, sorry, my honorary powers do not extend to this forum. :)

Good thing too. Next thing you know I'll be making corny lines ala Professor Able Standard. "Moderator, Moderate those humans", "The fury of moderation". If that happens, you'll know when I've earned my straight jacket rights. Hee hee hee -- er, *ahem*.

---

Jman4117: Instead of taking either of the entrances, you might as well do the tried-and-true can-opener tactic everyone loves to use in UFO to gain entry to the lift room. It requires mag. ion armour though. Have everyone hover above the general area of the lift at the hightest elevation (to avoid the explosions), PWT the roof and maybe fire a few more torpedoes at the guards on the upper level and at the base of the lift itself, then you just lower your troops on top of the lift and there you go.

Mind, it is slightly more satisfying to clear off the upper level before proceeding to the next. But if you're in a hurry and have a large entourage of soldiers at your command then this is not too bad a method of avoiding a few aliens or a PWT torpedo or two. :)

In any case, in normal colony raids, the lift room and the level just above it are normally my first targets for shelling. Plenty of tasoth in there. Hate to get MC'd from afar when I don't know my strengths yet. Not to mention, most of the tasoth in there carry disrupter pulse launchers too (good for restocking if you're just passing through)

- NKF

Knight of the Ravens, I don't think that was a very good way to start around here, although I will not condem you for it, I don't mind much really but I think I should warn you that some people take stuff like that very seriously and they might get insulted. (BTW a "reloader" is someone who reloads from a previous save file when anything goes wrong, thus making them invincible)

I systematicly hunt everyone down cause I need all the equipment and I don't want to go around picking it all up.

Love the Can-Opener tactic though, always fun to randomly pick a spot along the wall, fire then hear several aliens die. Even better if any of those aliens are Tentactulites, hate those bastards cause they can actually kill tanks and displacers

Don't worry NKF, I DO have my moddy powers... The offending post has been significantly shortened... I wonder how :o

Now raven, I don't care if you've been playing this game 10 years longer than I have (which for the books is physically impossibe) I'm not going to accept that kind of post in these forums and nor will any of the other staff here... Yeah you didn't check that did you... Anyway it's not important, the point is I was joking, which I thought was fairly obvious... but even if I hadn't have been joking, you never react like that to anyone. This is a family forum. Just think about that next time...

i apololgize Veteran....sorry...it's just...the last posting area i was in...we did'nt take things too well...or jokes for that matter....it's just...i have many good methods that would keep u from being detected at all when infiltrating...i'm just so used to being badly insulted by my last posting area that i tend to immediatly retaliate against it.....i had no idea u people were so different.....well...any ways.... still...why try and get detected by the enemy in the first place?...why not sneak past and snatch the base right from under there noses when they don't even know you're there?....thats what i've learned to do....because the number one weapon in all infiltrations is what? molecular control....being seen will always put your man at risk....well.....sorry again man....i won't retaliate so harshly in this place...

oh...now i see what u meant by reloader....well i've usually only stuck to the geoscapes saving part...in the beginning of my times playing the first UFO...i'm guessing over mabey 300-400 casualties....never wanted to reload a game cause it was just the cheapest way to pull something off....like....u ever play Final Fantasy Tactics? try going that entire game without a memory card about three times in a row....u die and it's game over, and u start from the beginning again...

i've just built up my strategy skills so much that i bet if America actually knew who i was, i'd probably be a general....lol.....enough about me...i don't like to speak about myself very much....

:)

my last posting area was with the Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast....

there are alot of clans there....when a clan goes to war...all hell will break loose...and thats when the cussing, insulting, and threats start....it's like an online gang....then we'd all meet up in a teamed match area and the clan wars would begin...we would set a number to reach with the opposing clan on how many deaths there must be in order to declair victory....like even 5,000 kills...a war could last for weeks...only the most experienced clan members were to be in the wars...the rookies had to stay and train in the FFA (free for all) area...they were a risk of getting their asses kicked and causing the enemy to gain there victory numbers faster....believe me...this may sound like a game, but when the clans clashed together...it became all out real life war...except this time we did'nt really kill people...lol......but our hate for eachother was just the same....

i get what u guys mean by the can opener tactic....tried it a few times but was shot down most of the time.....see....the fact that you're up hovering in their high parts of the water still leave u comletely open....they tear u down sometimes as if they were using a AA gun or something....plus the explosions draw too much attention....now like i said...i'm not here to talk about fighting inside the second and third levels of the base, because i'm sure u guys are great with that....but these hidden infiltration methods are good for any body (no matter how far your technology has gone) or even if u began not too long ago....they will help u get in with an extremly low casualty rate or no casualties at all....

Don't worry NKF, I DO have my moddy powers... The offending post has been significantly shortened... I wonder how  :o

Now raven, I don't care if you've been playing this game 10 years longer than I have (which for the books is physically impossibe) I'm not going to accept that kind of post in these forums and nor will any of the other staff here... Yeah you didn't check that did you... Anyway it's not important, the point is I was joking, which I thought was fairly obvious... but even if I hadn't have been joking, you never react like that to anyone. This is a family forum. Just think about that next time...

come on TJ you invited the flame... yes it should not be tolerated..

maybe Tammy needs to tone down your post.

sheesh.. I seem to remember you ofering your services on Multi part missions. and some people taking you up on it..

I think an exchange of tactics would and the brake down on how the missions went would liven up the forums.

-Blade FireLight

come on TJ you invited the flame... yes it should not be tolerated..

maybe Tammy needs to tone down your post.

Is TJ getting out of hand again? Perhaps it is time to bring out the whip again.... :)

Seriously, TJ, don't be so full of yourself. I love you, but you can be a bit on the arrogant side at times, you know. I've talked to Knight in person, and he was very nice to me, which we all know is the most important thing here at XTC. :)

Now, play nice. :hmmm:

Love you! :inlove:

Back to the topic at hand, please. When I have time to read it all more thoroughly, I'll probably comment on it myself, but I'm up to my lovely ears in work at the moment.

like i said...it really all depends on what the base looks like, where your ship is, and what kind of equipment u got (make sure u have lots of smoke or dye grenades)...tell me what possition your ship is in,how far from the base it is,how many tanks u have on the site,and your number of men....then u've got my answers coming......but to simplify an answer fo u......usually the first people to step out of your ship should be the tank and a person who is expendable(armed with a light rifle....if in a dark place, make sure that he is the only one with a couple flares)....u don't want to have flares on site for they get u seen....but the person with the tank wants to be seen.....next...move him and the tank out into the open....hide in a dye grenade if u need to get him farther out and don't have enough tu's in that turn....but once u get him and the tank out there...toss the flares in an area where u plan on planting the tank...then have him hide in an area where he is'nt seen, but can snipe and provide cover fire for your tank.....next...move the tank into the lit up area...(remember, don't get too close to the base...but not too far either) u don't want the sniper to be seen or else he will be victim #1 to molecular control......next.....begin moving your troops out of the ship and line them up against the walls of the ship.....toss a dye grenade in the area so that protection is made to keep from being spotted.....next....let your tank begin to draw fire from the aliens (now...u might end up loosing the tank and sniper...but sometimes u don't loose them at all...but even if u do...don't worry...u can buy another after the battle when u sell for money)....see if u can pick off some of the enemies with your sniper and tank....while the aliens are concentrating on the tank, have the men lined agaist the ship move out a little in a smoggy area and begin tossing dye grenades in a wide path going towards the alien walls....after enough smoke is made, advance the troops through the smoke all the way to the walls and line them against it....here's the tricky part....start throwing more dye nades in a path along the walls (always make sure that your men are in a thick cloud of smog) and walk along the walls....what ever u do STICK TO THE WALLS....watch for windows...don't go anywhere in front of them....stay under the windows as far under them as u can...even if they're right above u....never follow a wall that has a window looking at it and is close enough to watch that area....when u find the door...have a 4 to 6 man team run in in two seperate lines covering the right and left...keep enough tu's in them to be able to react while the aliens take their turns....move them in and fire on anything that moves...face all directions....keep some good tu's in them.....have whatever troops u have left begin advancing inside, and always keep them one room behind the assault team...and watch the unopened doors with men that have enough reaction tu's.....keep the assault team moving until u find the lift, with the other team covering the back still....next...try to move your sniper and tank iside (if they are still alive).....explosions will always draw attention...but if u want...go into a room that has a window room above it and toss a sonic pulsar near where it is under the floor where a sniper would be looking...if the body does'nt get blown to bits...u'll see the little bastard fall through the floor dead.....i do not recommend this action though.....this technique always works for me...and if u do it right...it will always work for u...good hunting!!!

have every one of your men carry at LEAST 4 or 5......does'nt add to much weight to them......gonna be buying alot throghout the game...gonna have to wait a few turns for the smog to spread...so make sure ur guys are already hidden in a good size cloud before u start chucking the dyes out to make the path to the wall...

why try and get detected by the enemy in the first place?...why not sneak past and snatch the base right from under there noses when they don't even know you're there?

Hey remember what you said earlier though. Why sneak in when you can finish off every last one of them :) I guess there's really no point doing it on the first level but it is fun isn't it? :) Or is that just me... :)

XCOM isnt really a game where it is easy to sneak around. I find the break from my silent, swift and deadly tactics exciting. Going gung ho, no mercy, guns blazing is fun in its own way. My tactic is a bit of both, when the kamikaze squad is out of it then i hide and advace to the nearest cover, taking shots as i go. It gets me through with minimal casualties (minus the kamikaze squad of course).

hmmh....i save the guns blazin part for the inside of the base.....what i'm helping with is getting inside....every body that i know, personally where i live, who plays the game all have trouble getting in the base....there are always a superior gang of guards watching over the place.....i'm just giving some easy tactics on getting in and avoiding that problem....but if u'd rather run out and try gunning down anything u can while keeping yourself exposed, be my guest....i'm not critisizing anybody for it.....just offering some help on how to be a sneaky son of a....