Quick question

Slythe

Firstly i want to say hi to rest of u guys, i am a new member regged today :)

Ur base's are underwater, take a look at the defences for them 'torpedo launchers' etc although the actul combat inside is'nt. AN this can be a problem if (like me 1st time i played) u have a load of hydro jets an torpedo launchers.

I had bout 9 of my combat staff eqipped this way an had to leg it to the stores to rearm heh :)

Firstly i want to say hi to rest of u guys, i am a new member regged today  :)

Ur base's are underwater, take a look at the defences for them 'torpedo launchers' etc although the actul combat inside is'nt. AN this can be a problem if (like me 1st time i played) u have a load of hydro jets an torpedo launchers.

I had bout 9 of my combat staff eqipped this way an had to leg it to the stores to rearm heh :)

Kal:

Slythe was asking about how the bases are treated in combat. they are below watter but "dry" inside so you cant use a torpedo based weapon in combat. but yes the defance system do point up. so the base would have to be submerged.

-BladeFireLight

or you could use xcomutil and majke the aliens "for an unknown reason" bunch up together and blow themselves up... :)

the bunch to gether becaus Scott wrote that fuction for the saved game files.. not the pre combat data.. so to spawn in a valid location they have to be on top of other units..

Sgt. Strike

Xcomutil is a bit confusting. that is why most of the options are automated now.

-Blade FireLight

it's kinda funny but...throughout all my time of playing TFTD...i've never had one of my bases raided or even attacked by subs at all....i guess because of my constant alien ass kicking i've gained a feared reputation to them...lol...CHICKEN WUSS BASTARDS!!!!

:)AAAAARRRRGGG!!!!!

:tank: come get some!!!

:alien2: ahh...mabey some other time...

:) aaww...c'mon...we're bored here...

:bomber: don't listen to him...he's gonna kick our asses!!!

:) no...i promise to give u guys a chance...

:alien2: naah...the queeny mom told me never to talk to strangers

:spam: oh...but terror sites are okay huh?

:bomber: c'mon...lets get outta here....

:spam: i don't think so...BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

:alien2: AAAAAAAAAAAAUUUHHHGGG!!!!

:bomber: AAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUHHHGGGG!!!!

ZZAAAAAPP!!!!

QUOTE (BladeFireLight

@ Sep 18 2003, 03:48 PM )

or you could use xcomutil and majke the aliens "for an unknown reason" bunch up together and blow themselves up... :)

the bunch to gether becaus Scott wrote that fuction for the saved game files.. not the pre combat data.. so to spawn in a valid location they have to be on top of other units..

what i ment was you start the game, use the swp tag to swap sides with aliens and move them "into place" :). takes several "turns", but it makes a quick mission if you want to cheat and get perfect scores (other than terror sites). just let me tell you that if you are going to do that, 'nades to not blow when the swp tag is used, some alien's lose more energy than they gain while some don't use any at all so you may need to swap several times before ging back into the game and you need to swap back to humans before clicking end turn to blow the 'nades if u used 'nades to kill the aliens because if you stay as aliens, the deaths count as losses in scores.

• 10 years later...

not only are both stages underwater.. they are alwase at low light conditions. no mater the time of day. (or the depth setting)

-Blade FireLight

I've been playing for a few months, now, and have cleaned out a few colonies and "Alien Activity" sites. The sea floor level (the first of the two stages of the mission) is always in water so deep that visibility is as with night conditions. However, once inside the colony/installation (the second stage of the mission), the only darkness is for unexplored areas, with no line-of-sight, yet. I've never had to use chemical flares in the second stage. Once I've explored an area of an alien facility, it stays lit up.

The "Alien Activity" facility has dark walls and floors, but lighting seems to be full.

I found the same lighting conditions in the game I bought decades ago on CD, so this may hold for all versions. I hope this news is encouraging. :)