Problem: losing the game

Jesus

As I asked on the Xcommand forum, does the game give you any reason why X-Com was shut down? It normally does.

I notice that you can get shut down if you disappoint enough of your funding countries in the same month, even if they're still providing funds. When this happens, I just get told that they're upset with my performance and have decided to shut down X-Com.

Of course, the outcome at the end of the month can be random even if the score hasn't changed. Try ending the month several times and see what happens.

What sort of progress did you make in that month? Have a look at your graphs and get an estimate of what score you have and what the aliens have.

If all else fails, I guess you can try and send one of us your savegame so we can have a look.

- NKF

The other thing to think about is that you can lose the game if you have negative income for two, or more months running. I would recommend knocking down USO's, and also hitting ones that are already down, the green x. Anyway, you can sell off the surplus stuff from that everytime. The best method, for landing at the site where the USO lands, is to do a multiple intercept, one of which is to send in one of your Barracudas, and your Triton, with men. I usually use a ten man team when I hit the USO's, as they are rather wicked, at times, and your weapons aren't that great. Anyway, if there are more than 10 of any weapon, sell it. Also, sell the extra junk you might have laying around. You can ask me what I think extra junk is. I think it's the dart guns, the pistols. Once you research gauss rifles, switch over to those as secondary weapons. I gotta play again soon, see how far I can get in researching stuff, again. Tata for now.