Newbie question

Seems something went wrong with the original post.. oh well, time to re-type it :)

I've picked up TFTD again recently, and I've found that grenades are almost impossible to use in some places! For some reason I just can't seem to throw them more than a couple of squares when I'm inside alien subs and on ship terror missions. I also can't throw far when I'm on the upper-most floor of a level, even if all around me is clear.

What can I do to start showing these aliens what an explosion really feels like? Cheers for any help :)

Ah yes, having played TFTD a bit recently, I've been noticing this too.

It's most prominent with the underwater seabeds. You try throwing it a spot which you know you can throw to but the game starts protesting and says it can't do it. You can usually fix this by raising the level up by one and then throw the grenade at the same spot.

As for doing it indoors -- yeah, they can't be thrown very far at all. It's the same in UFO too. If you stand directly underneath the Skyranger wing, your throwing distance is miraculously reduced even if you have a decent strength level that lets you lob small grenades at ranges of 20 tiles or so.

Higher strength levels seem to affect the distance you can throw grenades in indoor settings. Try getting weaker soldiers to throw the grenades and see if they can throw any further.

Gotta love those pulsers...

- NKF

humm, since 2001 when I won the game, I've tried playing using some util programs to improve difficult and stuff.

I actually didn't tried anything like re-setting this issue (granade tossing range), but it seamns worth to try it.

Another option, is to start using the proxi granades too. I know it's not as powerfull as the sonic pulsers, but it can shake things out. Besides, if you're playing against aquatoids these granandes work well.

Okay, I'm gonna raise the power to these gransdes and see what happens.