Progression of missions

laclongquan

Currently I amplaying Axis campaign. Mission 1: German Store, 2nd is Hannover German Intel HQ. Now I got two piece of intel: one point toward German Town with Bauer's assassination impending (if I got into that mission, Bauer get killed right then and there), one point toward UK commandant house. The German town is blinking.

It's been a long time so I am not totally sure blinking is needful in the progress of campaign or not. My question is:

Is there anyways to save bauer? Because if I rememeber correctly there's a mission to protect Bauer in his HQ, isnt there?

Dang! No one knows?

Anyway, I try the UK commandant house and the officer carrying a piece of intel inform me about the assassination of Bauer, erase German town from campaign map. needless to say, I reload and accept the fate, play German Town first.

In this mission the very first intel come from Bauer's death, pointing finger at UK commandant house, so we have two piece of clues lead there. The second intel is the big-ass lazer gun (unusuable) point toward German Lab.

Again, I hesitate: Which should I do first?

Another anyways: I think my last post refer to Assault on General Bauer's HQ mission of my last play. It seem if you play Axis, there's a random chance your very first mission is that, and then lead to other. Protect HQ from armed civilians. Anyway, it's been a long hours into game so perhaps I dont restart the entire campaign. Shit!@$@#$%#@ And to think I restart campaign because I am curious about what other missions I could get first. Pre-leave save file is a necessity.

Did the German Lab first, got two pieces of intels: one is the prototype laser cannon, two is the pass signed by Koch. 1st clue toward German Manor, get.

Did the UK commandant house, with 3 pieces of intel: confirmation of UK noninvolvement with Bauer's assassination, so it lead to the Russian intel agency (Russian local commandandt), one captain weller and one piece of intel, lead to the rescue mission of two spies (Small English Town and Small English Village).

• 5 years later...

Replay this after S3 with Axis campaign and totally forget my own post on this matter.

In this run I run across a clue that Bauer's assassinated. And no clue lead to German Lab. Or German Store.

German Store might be possible to open up if I had let Koch escape. But I was too fast and efficient he got caught clean in 4th turn (no skimping on HMG ammo and grenades). Currently, Hannover area is unavailable.

Wow, this is a strange experience.

Morale of the story? Be ready to save at the end of Bank Heist 1st mission, and ready to reload it if Protect Bauer is not the 2nd mission we got~

EDIT: this run also lacking in assaulting UK mil warehouse, or German Store. I finishi it fast to change to Allied. After Allied campaign I will return to Axis~

Okay, this Axis run is a bust. All Hannover missions are cut off, meaning 4 big one. The whole thing is a bit short.

Replay on Allies campaign and it's longer. We dont get the assassination Bauer, but we do get the 4 Hannover mission: Store, Town, Bauer HQ, and German Local Intel HQ. Still lack the German Testing.

The notable thing of this run is the stone cold trail of Newhouse. I got only a sniff of him in Koch's manor with a letter between him and Helena, not enough to warrant an investigation. Also no Russian Mil Fac or Commandant.

Still got two missions left, the Unknown Complex and Berger. A speed run of UC show no clues toward him. Might have to do Berger first, since it's a two stage mission and the log doesnt show the clue creation until second stage.

My musings of this experience seems to be after the blinking missions first, unless it obviously close off other missions. Priority would be German Manor, and Old English Manor. Possibly the longer we had critical character in interrogation room the more we get out of him.

Edit: yep~ end this Allied campaign with only one single clue, late, about Newhouse. Not enough to open English Manor. Also no German Testing. In return Koch doesnt escape. Start the Axis campaign with a wimpy Soldier and luckily got the Bauer mission right off the bat~

This Axis soldier this time differed from the last only in stat. Gender and Class are the same.

Got Newman, got Koch, German Testing, HQ, and Town. Damn near perfect, in fact. A single fault is that the game delete some mission locations and journal entries, though not the journal clues. The zone get reopened with later missions.

Final run with an Allied Medic. Capture Newhouse very early. Capture Koch in German Store. In fact, we get nothing from both of them. No intel about Bauer get assassinated. No Manor, and no clue toward Russian missions at all. It is another strange run.

• 3 weeks later...

After several runs, both Axis and Allies: I compile clue lead to Axis capture of Newhouse.

Bauer HQ --> German Town where Bauer get assassinated, and the shattered weapon (if we recover it) ==> German Lab ==> German Manor. the shattered weapon doesnt seem to provide much more even when we saved Strauss in Lab.

After a few mission, Brandenburg with Bauer's HQ disappear from map. Later on when we get other misson to open Brandenburg back up, HQ doesnt appear on map.

Bauer HQ --> UK Commandant -->English Village. Clue say Stanton but the one appear on EVil is Stevens. The cutscene mention something about Newhouse even though we dont get any clue lead to him yet. Consider that to be (hidden) clue A lead to him. Steven mention Document Transfer and we get tip about Rural House. Another tip about ETown.

To get more mention of Newhouse we are going to need UK Lab since the scientist will mention him (I think)...