1 reply to this topic

#1 Grossbeer

Grossbeer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:41 PM

Im playing xcom 2 with version 2.1 the first time.
i was kind  alooking for a real challange (xcomutils always night, superhuman and  ironman) when i discovered how easy it is to get a fine
Armour. i  would only take one terror mission and one sub recovery and voila: ion  armour.

this kinda bugs me... i want to have to get a navigator  (like in vers 1.0) for ion accelerators to be researched. so my  question:

is there a way to manipulate the research tree? can i  somehow downgrade on 1.0? what bugs got fixed with v2.0?

It would be lotso fun tweaking the research tree a lil to make it a bit logically.... tho i would be grad to only get the v1.0 research tree back because it makes the game a lil harder.

MfG

#2 Catwalk

Catwalk

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:14 AM

Other than using the alternate research with XcomUtil (which seems to be a little bugged on occasion, but nothing serious), I suggest using house rules to limit your research. Sit down with pen and paper, and make a small list of which alien corpses or prisoners you need for certain techs. Maybe multiples for certain techs.
Please check out my TFTD Ironman video campaign here, I'm grateful for any comments!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users