TFTD Hall OF Fame

LTNS

4 men killed with 1 grenade:

Grenade is thrown at soldier's feet and it kills him and 3 other guys 10-15 squares away.

3 grenades on a gillman:

At a terror site and alien was behind one of those Easter Island heads. Threw two alien grenades, no kill yet. Used prox. grenade to kill it.

Edit: Just had a three hour terror mission. 9 men dead on first part of cargo ship mission and then 3 more on second part. Got out of there with two men left. :)

I remember about a year ago killing 3 aliens with a single autoshot, they were in one of those long corridor of a ship so all that was needed was to shoot straight, but it made me laugh anywayz!

I also had an interesting dilema at a easter island terror site recently, with an alien tightly bunkered in one of those hills with the spiral corridors inside. His reaction shooting was unbeatable, I used several grenades already and they just weren't reaching him so in the end I chose to burn the corridors with phorophor shells, and then blow the hill up with explosive shells. It worked quite well, I can imagine the gillman inside running around in the fire which would have been amusing to see, although the rookie firing the shells unfortunately caught on fire and died later on in the mission.

I remember my first time playing a site mission, and how scared I was, especially the second part, where my guys were getting zapped left and right by the Tentucats, or whatever those things are. Anyway, blew up the device, and got the heck outta dodge. I hate those missions, still, but are less of pain, now.

• 2 weeks later...

One shot kill to the head of a Lobsterman all the way across the map with a sonic-blasta rifle. :)

You could actually tell it smacked him in the head too. Very pretty.

Also, spending four hours on a port city defense looking for the last rogue alien. It was a Deep One hiding behind one of those tall white metal girder things near the water. They seem to be attracted to that place. Something to do with the AI?

I think aliens generally get created near the crane. The AI is probably also at fault for not moving it too far away from that location.

My additions to the hall of fame:

Wearing Mag. Ion Armour and getting hit by a disrupter pulse launcher several times (two or three) before even getting hurt. This happened the first time I played through the game, and it really gave me the wrong impression about the armour for a while. :)

Secondly, getting seriously massacred at the start of a sea port mission, and the lone survivor, who was only an average soldier in plastic aqua armour armed with a gauss pistol (extra clips off fallen comrades), really started to turn the aliens inside out. Pity the very last alien took 80 over turns alone just to locate. It was hidden in that storage building with metal steps that lead to a second level storage room. I never even noticed it was there, even after a few sweeps of the room, until it panicked.

- NKF

i'd say having one guy MC'ed right on the first turn of the mission, dropping a sonic grenade and killing all but two of my guys... that really pissed me off...

another all time favorite would have to be the time i was in a shipping route, and there were four bio-drones in a fairly small group, and after killing one, the other three went off in a fierly blast... (two were damaged, from missed shots at the lead bio-drone) and one was killed by the blast from the first, then the blast from the second killed the third, and so on...

that was fun :)

3 aquatoids in a line with a few squares spacing and i could only see one, did an autoshot and hit an aquatoid behind the one i could see, hit the one infront of the one i could see then hit the one i could see. i thought '...... yeah' :)

• 5 weeks later...
:):spam::tank::) I got a new one. It was near the end of the game. My funding was going down monthly cause I lost both the USA and Japan. And I knew that I was going down cause there were the ufos, two bases and a terror site. and ust recently one of my bases was seiged and I nearly lost it. :( But then, I finished my research on the ULTIMATE ALIAN SUBMARINE VEHICLE THATS NAME I FORGOT!!!! So I loaded in my remaining dudes and meterials and went to tleth. More specifically, two seaman and a captain all with disrupter pulse launcher and ammo. The ammount of lobster men really disgruntled me. I won. :tank: :alien2: :):P:) :bomber: :):spam::)

Spoiler Warning: Skip to the next post if you haven't seen the TFTD ending yet.

The Great Sleeper lost the battle, so in its death-throes, it sets T'Leth's auto-destruct sequence. Poof, your aquanauts are toasted -- or if you choose to believe, escaped as the camera of narrarative races the fireball out of the tomb (it's more apparent in the animated sequence). Either way, T'Leth explodes.

The bit right at the end is a cliff-hangar. Zoom into a city, then onto a busy street and then on a manhole and finally, a badly rendered hand coming out of the manhole... yep, a definite cliffhangar. Either telling you that your efforts were in vain or it's a hint that a sequal is in the works. I suppose it could be the hand of an aquanaut that's been severely radiated, but it's most probably one of the few remaining aquatoids that weren't on T'Leth. I imagine it gets splattered by a passing car or truck shortly afterwards--it was a busy street. :)

- NKF