#1 AlanatXcomHQ

new
AlanatXcomHQ

Sergeant

• Fan Fiction
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 09:09 PM

Hey all, just thought to share the music track I made some time ago for this project, might get some interest in the project as a result

X-com slogans, gained by http://www.thesurrealist.co.uk/slogan.cgi?word=X-com. Find all 503 slogans.
The most true slogan for X-com:
I liked X-com so much, I bought the company!
The Slogan for Project Colonisation:
Not Just Nearly X-Com, But Really X-Com.

#2 AlanatXcomHQ

new
AlanatXcomHQ

Sergeant

• Fan Fiction
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 09:21 PM

Made another vid, intro concept music

X-com slogans, gained by http://www.thesurrealist.co.uk/slogan.cgi?word=X-com. Find all 503 slogans.

#3 ufonef

new
ufonef

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:52 AM

View PostAlanatXcomHQ, on 1st September 2010, 10:09pm, said:

might get some interest in the project as a result

Isnt "Colonistation" dead for a long time now?
I'm relatively new here, so please excuse my ignorance. I was interested in checking xcom remakes out. But except a couple of posts here, i couldnt find anything more on "Colonisation".
I've found 4 different web pages for hosting the project and its code, but all of them are dead now. Starting from the "important topics" at the top of the page and www.projectcolonisation.tk - which my guess is should be a valid page if game creators and people holding assets and code for the game still cared about doing it.
There is even mentioned a version that allows you to check what the game has already impelemnted. I was very interested in seeing that, but again... links are dead.
So, is there anything that could be checked out, except a short interview from 2006 with a couple of screens?

#4 AlanatXcomHQ

new
AlanatXcomHQ

Sergeant

• Fan Fiction
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 12:09 AM

View Postufonef, on 2nd September 2010, 9:52am, said:

Isnt "Colonistation" dead for a long time now?
I'm relatively new here, so please excuse my ignorance. I was interested in checking xcom remakes out. But except a couple of posts here, i couldnt find anything more on "Colonisation".
I've found 4 different web pages for hosting the project and its code, but all of them are dead now. Starting from the "important topics" at the top of the page and www.projectcolonisation.tk - which my guess is should be a valid page if game creators and people holding assets and code for the game still cared about doing it.
There is even mentioned a version that allows you to check what the game has already impelemnted. I was very interested in seeing that, but again... links are dead.
So, is there anything that could be checked out, except a short interview from 2006 with a couple of screens?

Well there is the http://www.projectcolonisation.co.uk/ URL you can look at, its not dead at all as its the most recent, but there isn't any page to contact team members on it. It used to have a page with the names of the most recent team members and such, but that was taken down in the newest version of the site.
The best bet I can say is try to contact Tim ("The The Veteran" on these forums) and try and get contact details from him.

#5 Space Voyager

new
Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,219 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:38 AM

I like both themes. Perhaps the heartbeat could go wild from time to time in the battlescape theme?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users