Infiltration, am I screwed?

CapnKill

I have a base in the US, but no interceptor at the moment and my other bases where too far to intervene... but a ship showed up and it was on an infiltration mission... the only thing I could do was go and kill everyone after it had landed.

Then a battleship showed up, nothing I could do about that one... then the month ended and everything was ok.

What is going to happen next, will I basically lose the US or has the end of the month somehow saved my bacon?

Not that I've ever cared much about infiltration (most of your income is sourced from weapons sales, and you can't lose the game due to countries defecting), but according to the UFO wiki, if an infiltration mission starts, then it will eventually be successful - no matter what you do. Attacking the UFOs only delays the inevitable, it doesn't prevent it.

Or just keep playing to your hearts' content. It'll be fine as long as you keep doing missions, maintain a positive score each month, and get heavy plasmas to sell to keep your finances out of the red. The infiltration missions are really a way for the game to tell you to hurry up and get on with it.

Though once I get to that point and can launch the Cydonia mission, I generally restart the campaign. There's not as much to look forward to by then.

- NKF

• 5 months later...