#22 Kekkonen

new
Kekkonen

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:48 PM

Soon after this, the tanker finished its re-arming, and intercepted the target. Unfortunaly, the enemy responded this time.
"-*static*-This is Tanker 875! We are taking hits -*static*- Where are our reinforcements?
"Captain the Reinforcements are still on the way, you must hold on till then"
"Negative *static with a boom on the background*-e are taking multiple hits, turret 2 is lost and we are suffering critical structural damage!"
"If they hit the fuel tanks we-

But he was cut off by a loud bang and screeching sounding like metal tearing apart.
Signal lost, Commander.

Only hours after, a second contact was reported by one of our scouts.
Posted Image
"This is Scout Vessel 100, we have encountered Zuul ships on system Bolovax Nik!, requesting orders. Over!"
Posted Image
"Engage at will Captain"
"Roger that Command, Engaging Hostiles!"
"For Mother Russia!"
The ship moved into close range, the enemy ships engaged our scout vessel, but little did they know that it was a lot better armed than our tankers.
"Turrets 1- to 3, lock on target 1! Fire on my command!
"Turrets 1- to 3 locked on target and ready to fire!"
"Fire!"
3 loud shots could be heard
"Direct Hit! Ship's middle section is swiss cheese"
"The enemy is shooting back, minimal damage"
"Follow the designated target! Keep firing"
And not long until the Zuul vessel fell apart, and was left as a burning debris floating in space
"Lock on Target 2, fire on command."
"Turrets 1- to 3 locked on target and ready to fire!"
"Fire!"
"Target Destroyed! Glory to the Motherland!"
"This is Scout Vessel 100, we have cleared the system of enemies"
"Excellent work Captain!

#23 Space Voyager

new
Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,212 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 09:24 AM

Ah, Kekkonen, you are blessing for SotS forum at SC... And you come when least expected!

I'm guessing that this is a completely new game you are playing?

#24 Kekkonen

new
Kekkonen

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 10:46 PM

Negative, I'm still running the same deal. But I'm running another game for the Glorious Soviet Russia, and I'm planning to make several references and cameos in this.

#25 Kekkonen

new
Kekkonen

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:47 PM

"Commander, the Pi Fleet 2 is about to enter the Laertes System"

Posted Image

"*static* this is Command Ship "Spirit of Stalingrad". We are engagin the enemy"

Posted Image

"Captain, you've got your orders, clear the system. Out!"
  "Understood, Spirit of Stalingrad. Out"

The main monitor switched it's view to the feed of one of the onboard   cameras on a destroyer. The stereos were feed with the radio chatter   within the fleet.

"Comrade Fleet Captain, the enemy is fleeing!"
  "Stop it at all cost!"
  "On it! Turrets 1-to-6 Lock on the engines. Fire!"
  Posted ImagePosted Image
  "The enemy is breaking up!" Reported one of the destroyers, as the zuul   ship disappeared in a blinding flash as it's reactors detonated. "From   Pi Fleet 2 to Command. Objective Complete. Over" Reported the Command   Ship.
  Posted Image

"Good work captain, proceed with the next objective" ordered Commander Vadiuly   Tzukovne. He had sent "Captain Only"-classified Message that contained a   set of objectives earlier to the Spirit of Stalingrad.

And so, quitely the fleet begun heading towards their next objective. The Zuul planet.
  Posted Image

But then

Everything went to hell

"Commander! Multiple contacts of Zuul vessels reported in Systems Aichi and Karugar! The scouts at system Karugar are already being engaged and are pulling back" announced the officer. Commander Vadiuly   Tzukovne quickly turned to face the screen overwieving that particular part of the sector.

Posted Image

Commander Vadiuly   Tzukovne looked fiercely at the map for a moment, before turning towards the communications officer. "Contact the Pi Fleet 2" He ordered, the fleet was caught off guard when exiting the node-tunnel and didn't have the time to properly contact HQ.

"Pi Fleet 2 this is Command, report!"
A moment of static was heard
"*static* THIS IS SPIRIT OF STALINGRAD, WE AR-*a muffled boom is heard in the background* WE ARE IN COMBAT WITH THE ENEMY, MULTIPLE FAST CORVETTES CIRCLING ALL AROUND US AND WE ARE TAKING DAMAGE, WE NEED REINFORCEMENTS!" yelled the Captain.
Posted ImagePosted Image
"Understood Captain, we have a fleet coming for you. Over"
"Roger that HQ, but we are taking hell of an beating here! We are outnumbered and our guns can hardly keep track of their corvettes!" responded the Captain "But we'll fight to the end if we have to HQ. Spirit of Stalingrad, Out!" And with that, the channel was closed. The main monitor showed a fierce combat, tracers and explosions everywhere as the Soviet Navy engaged numerous targets.
Posted Image
The Command listened to the radio chatter
"8. How's your target?"
"Throwing everything it has on us, but it's about to crack comrade fleet-captain!"
"*static* This is 6. We are taking multiple hits, help!"
"Roger that 6."
"4 and 7 form up and follow my lead!"
Posted ImagePosted Image
"*static* This is 2, we just lost our command bridge, using the emergency command center now. Out!"
"Don't let that vessel flank us!"
"Turrets 1-to-6 fire on target!"
"Let 'em have it!"
Posted Image
"Hell yeah! That's the way to do i!"
"New contacts inbound!"
Posted Image
"4 and 7 stay on formation!"
"shooting on target!"
"3. Get clear of your target, it's about to blow!"
Posted Image
"3. Report!"
"Nothing to worry about, althought we soon don't have anything that isn't damaged"

#26 Kekkonen

new
Kekkonen

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:59 PM

"This is 9. Abandoning ship! We are falling apart!"
Posted ImagePosted Image
"Comrades, I think the enemy is retreating"
"Alright everyone, regroup and chase the enemy! Let's deal the last finishing blow!"
Posted ImagePosted Image
"Sir, new contacts inbound!"
"This is Spirit of Stalingrad to the fleet. Pull back, I repeat! Pull back immediately! We have to regroup!"
Posted Image

Posted Image

#27 Space Voyager

new
Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,212 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 05:58 PM

Now that is a refreshing sight in this forum!!! Nice pics, BTW!

Is it possible to get more insight on the strategic situation?

#28 Kekkonen

new
Kekkonen

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 02:11 PM

Eh, it's quite a mess right now, node lines being going all in the most annoying directions and I haven't researched FTL trade yet, so I'm in a bit of an nickel here with funding the construction of more fleets. So I have to balance wether to build more ships or spend it on research and hope my fleets can stay alive long enought

#29 Space Voyager

new
Space Voyager

I've got my eye on you!

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,212 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:29 PM

View PostKekkonen, on 18th February 2011, 3:11pm, said:

Eh, it's quite a mess right now, node lines being going all in the most annoying directions and I haven't researched FTL trade yet, so I'm in a bit of an nickel here with funding the construction of more fleets. So I have to balance wether to build more ships or spend it on research and hope my fleets can stay alive long enought
Sounds like a normal day in SotS, he he he!  :laugh:

#30 Kekkonen

new
Kekkonen

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 11:56 AM

Yeah, something like that. Usually I just hoard planets as fast as I can while boost spamming tech. Then somehow getting loads 'a tech while capturing planets from hostiles with insane amounts of ships. Even I don't know I manage to do that

Such is power of the Soviet Russia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users