Patched program will not start

I've returned to this game after a time off and have been running it on a Windows 7 machine. The problem I've been having is I cannot seem to patch it to 1.1 and have it start. I seem to remember patching it before on my old rig and having not issues. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread. I have the same issue. I have Sentinels as part of the UK Gold version. Using the wonderful d3d fix from this site it loads perfectly as v1.0 in Windows 7 64. When patched to v1.1 (with same d3d fix) the disc spins up.. but then.. nothing at all.

I am guessing the v1.1 patch introduces a DRM incompatibility . I wonder if the disc 'signature' for the Gold version of Sentinels may be different from the individual Sentinels disc that was released. One 'hint' that this might be the case is that I see the French version of Gold Sentinels has its own distinct patch. There is none for the English version.

Not sure if anyone else ran into this or might know of an additional fix. Maybe someday Silent Storm and Sentinels may show up on GoG.. and address these little modern incompatibilities.

My impression is that Silent Storm is the better game, so I am thankful to have it working on my Windows 7 machine again. Still, I never did finish Sentinels and it is frustrating that while v1.0 will work, I'd have to forgo any fixes of v1.1. I wonder if Sentinels is complete-able (and enjoyable)' as is with v1.0.