yellow base border outline

bagatur

It has been a while since I had a PC that could run this game, but from recollection it's a territory that has been invaded by the Starghosts. Unrecoverable, unfortunately. Memory tells me that it's related to the emitters that you have to destroy.

- NKF

Whoops, you're right. I linked directly rather than through the forums proper. ;)

But now that's stumped me a bit - I actually played this game in the last 6 months and did see a change in border colour after ignoring a zone for a while (too much to do elsewhere). I eventually lost this base and had to reclaim it. If I would hazard a guess, it's probably an indication of the support of the citizens in the area/base that caused a change of border colour.

- NKF

• 4 months later...

The border colour tells you the influence, for want of a better word, that you have over an area.

A yellow border around one of your bases means that the Transgenants or Reticulans are becoming more concentrated around that area, and the border will turn to red when an attack is imminent.

Basically put, it goes from yellow to red to base attacked.

Also you'll see a light blue border for an area just off where your controlled area is. That means that the missions you've been accomplishing is diminishing the alien presence and so you're gaining control over those areas. You're more likely to get base capture missions in those blue areas.

Once the border of your area goes red, a base attack is pretty much assured but if you catch it at yellow and complete all the missions around it successfully, you might be able to remove the border before it goes red.