Research Bug

BladeFireLight

• 10 years later...

If you are currently stuck becaus of a research bug and still have the saved game. I would like a copy so that I help in making a program to fix the issues.

-Blade FireLight

Hi, Blade,

I'd love to send you one of my saved games, as I've found a research bug for which I've been unable to find any other messages, so far: I can't research the Sonic Oscillator, and thus also can't research the P.W.T. Cannon. Yet I don't have a file compression utility installed, and I don't know which one I should pick. I need something effective but available without charge, as I'm on disability (low funds) and am going to have to replace this laptop soon (I think that would mean I'd have to buy a file zipper all over again.).

If you note the original date, this is quite a resurrection. :D If anything, Bladefirelight's already incorporated the fixes into XComutil.

There are plenty of free file compressor/decompressors out there. In fact if you are using Windows XP or later, it has Zip file creation and handling built into it.Everyone has their favourites, but try Googling 7zip.

- NKF