How to get the Hybrid game to work

Invertin

I've searched all over, but I can't find anything helpful. How do I get the hybrid game to work using XCOMutil? I've got the PC versions of both games (enemy unknown and TFTD) already, I just can't figure out how to get them to work.

Please give step by step instructions, I'm quite stupid. :3

Run XcuSetup.bat with the path to your other game as a parameter.

For example, say you want to play UFO with TFTD's maps added in. Assuming UFO is in "C:\Games\UFO" and TFTD is stored in something like "C:\Games\TFTD", open up the "Run" dialog (Windows button + R), and type:

"C:\Games\UFO\xcusetup.bat" "C:\Games\TFTD"

(Keeping the quotation marks).

During XcuSetup, you'll be asked whether you want to use the "Battle Field Generator" (abbreviated to "BFG"). You'll have to enable this, and select to either have it choose random terrains, or prompt you to choose which terrain you want prior to each battle.

Currently there is no way to have your dropships actually land next to alien craft over land and sea (other then my personal attempt at a "combo mod", which is unfinished, somewhat out of date, and a little more complex to install). Hence why you need to have the game select maps randomly, or prompt you for where you want to fight.

However, I get the impression that BladeFireLight intends to build a more "elegant" version of the hybrid system into XcomUtil sooner or later.

Well I did what you said, and it seemed to work. But as soon as I tried to enter a mission, the game crashed.

I'm not sure if I did something wrong or if it just hates me.

EDIT: I just checked, and it seems that XCOMutil just hates me, not the hybrid game.