Biodrone damage by melee and range attack

According to Ufopaedia

mentioned that Biodrone does 145 damage average by melee

In the same time mentioned that unarmored soldiers often will survive after Biodrone melee. How can explain this two conflicting assertions ?

And did our soldier get 145 damage from biodrone by one hit? immediately or after 20 turns? or by a lot of hits?

And what is damage of ranged attack of Bidrone and what amount of TU is used to it?

• 3 weeks later...
The biodrone has a 0% chance to hit with melee. So it is almost impossible for the melee attack to actually hit anything.

Yes, you're right about the 0%, but it will succeed eventually ... somehow. Often during terrors you can hear a biodrone melee attacking a civilian (and failing), turn after turn, but after about ten turns it scores a hit and moves on. I guess it can perform many melee attacks during a turn (a sheer guess, ten or more?), but when it does hit, I've never had anyone survive it.

The 0% thing is quite an obvious 'bug' which I'm sure must have been spotted during testing. It makes me wonder whether the makers decided to leave it at that because the biodrone was so tough in other regards. Obviously, shooting it whilst stood next to it in a melee attack presents its own difficulties.

• 10 months later...