UFO: Afterlight Reticulan Mod 2.0 (Clones Edition)

Slaughter

BolaDePel just released version 2.0 of his Reticulan Mod for UFO: Afterlight to the public. The mod adds tons of new features to the game, and comes with this description.

This mod is an upgrade of the Reticulan mod 1.0 with several new features. The biggest addition is the technology to create human and beastman clones that can fight alongside with your soldiers.

This game does not allow to get any more soldiers than the predefined ones (drones not included). But you can get martian robot bodies after robots missions and repair them after researching the appropiate technology.

This mod uses the same trick: you can produce cloned bodies than can be "repaired", and then you can use them as any other of your soldiers. An annoying side effect of this technique is that the clones are "repaired" with only 1 HP like the martian drones, so they need a lot of healing before you can use them.

There are also a lot of other changes in this mod, with new items, technologies and trainings.

Swords.jpg Equipment01.jpg Production.jpg

You can read more about the modification and provide feedback in this topic, or download it directly in our files section.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i have downloaded and used you mod it works smoothe but my beast clones are exactly like the beastman shamans why?

I guess can't load the clones textures and uses the default ones. Maybe the mod file is corrupted or something.

If you unpack the mod file there should be 4 files inside the folder units/textures/beasts:

beastman_basic_clone1_diff.dds

beastman_basic_clone1_self.dds

beastman_basic_clone2_diff.dds

beastman_basic_clone2_self.dds

I guess redownloading the mod file may solve the issue.