Cannot Play

lastfreethinker

I have a problem and it is driving me up the wall.

This is my first time playing X-Com on my Windows 7 Machine and I have either one of two problems.

I am using the steam versions because I cannot find my collector's edition and orginal disks are in safe keeping and it is much easier to just download the files.

So with that said here is what happens.

My dosbox version moves in frames and drives me up the wall it is no where near as fluid as the windows editions. So I have been trying to get them to run properly on my system. I have the vista patch installed and I try either F0dders .exe and everything works but I the scroll speed is so high that I cannot play. So I tried Seb76's extender but I get horrible graphics issues. Does anyone know of a work around or something? Thank you for the help.

Just off the top of my head; have you tried messing with the dosbox config file any? I dunno which setting you might be able to change, but might be worth a look.

I did now. I am in the final stages of tweaking it and it seems to have fix my problem in using dosbox to run X-Com thank you so much, I love this game and hate being without it.

cycles=auto limit 16000

That is what you want to edit. I had to double it from 8000 to 16000 and I am still tweaking

Awesome, glad to hear it worked! If you still have trouble later lemme know; I haven't installed it on my Win7 box yet but have waiting for me. If you can't get it running smooth I can do a fresh install over here and hack at it myself. :)