Martian Diplomacy

Selkirk1699

I'm almost at the end of my first playthrough and the 2nd ship from Earth is on its way. However, I have yet to see the Martian's popping up on my diplomacy section. I think I done just about every research for their language but no a peep from them. Is there some sort of trigger or mission that I am suppose to do in order to have contact with them and recruit their people?

Also incidentally, is any of the alien unit worth leveling? I gave up half way on lvl reticulan soldier/scientist since they goes belly up if a beastman so much as frown at them.

I'm almost at the end of my first playthrough and the 2nd ship from Earth is on its way. However, I have yet to see the Martian's popping up on my diplomacy section. I think I done just about every research for their language but no a peep from them. Is there some sort of trigger or mission that I am suppose to do in order to have contact with them and recruit their people?

Also incidentally, is any of the alien unit worth leveling? I gave up half way on lvl reticulan soldier/scientist since they goes belly up if a beastman so much as frown at them.

NVM, found out I need to capture one, interrogate it before I can learn spoken language. Weird that you need to rough one up before you can talk to the rest of the Martians.

Since you already found out about how to make contact with the "Martians" I'll just answer about leveling aliens. Your best bet with them is to use them in field your regular troops can't. I personally keep my rets in hiding and boost their psionic skills so then can detect hostiles from further away as well as being handy healers with the psionic device.

Since you already found out about how to make contact with the "Martians" I'll just answer about leveling aliens. Your best bet with them is to use them in field your regular troops can't. I personally keep my rets in hiding and boost their psionic skills so then can detect hostiles from further away as well as being handy healers with the psionic device.

Hrmmm, I'll try that. Though I found that healing is rarely needed. A human in heavy suit with major toughness and shotgun hardly ever need healing at all.