Interesting articles

Free Radical's other project at this time was the last TimeSplitters game, Future Perfect. After TimeSplitters 2 EA had come sniffing around, and Free Radical was ready to listen. "EA Partners was this part of EA that was involved with third-party things," says Doak. "It was a bit like being groomed, you know. Here's all these friendly avuncular people that will give you all the love and attention you need to get your game out, and then after a while they go away and all the bad guys come around and it's like you're in borstal. Getting held down, beaten around the head with a cue ball in a sock."

Fantastic article on Free Radical.

I know this is way too late to be of any use and people have gone their separate ways, but:

Timesplitters 4. On Kickstarter. > $10,000,000.

The players would easily fund that. The players loved the company. Screw the publishers - do what you love doing.

Anyone remember Ascendancy?

OF: What’s next for you then? Are you going back into PC development, or will you be sticking with iOS?

TT: We’re currently working on more updates to the iOS version of Ascendancy, leading to a set of products that, as I alluded to before, will be produced within a design and development environment we have devoted much to creating. We may stay exclusively on iOS, but aren’t ready to make that decision.

Ascendancy is one of my favourite games of all time, up there with Master of Orion 2.

It sucks Ascendancy 2 was never made, and now they are just working with the iOS version? I checked it out, it's exactly the same version, not even a single new graphic; UI adapted for smaller touch screens but the same game.

• 1 month later...

Love the tablet, will probably be my first table purchase.

BUT! For gods sake stop using the same naming for several different products! Microsoft Surface is now a consumer level tablet and a business oriented multitouch table. It's the same with Windows RT (Windows 8 version for ARM devices) and WinRT (new runtime embebbed into all versions of Windows 8).

True. Funny, my mom sent me those five things people regret on their deathbed just a week ago. I actually did link playing games to them, but not as deeply and definitely not to all of them. It shows that she is a game designer.

Nice to see these regrets listed in another source, gives them more credibility than just getting them in a cheesy email.

This is mostly child's play.

The real revolution is yet to reach us - we had the industrial revolution, the information age and, hoping that technological growth reaches the right exponential factor we'll finally come to the nanotechnology revolution.

It's no accident many countries like Japan and the US are devoting a deluge of funding to make the break-throughs that will get them ahead of everyone else and take point in what's to come.

Successful and widespread self-assembly and self-replication-based techs will represent a truly immense leap. Wearable computers? Sillyness.

In fact, research in neural computers is already being conducted. We will, in essence, be able to make the virtual real by manipulating actual matter with incredible precision - at the sub-atomic scale.

::

"Await The Assembler - then you can go 'Aaah!'"

- Nano-evangelist T

ALRIGHT!!!

You DO own that game on your comp, you're not just a user!

A must read court's press release.

Hmm, as this is not limited to games, how does it impact an operating system? As far as I know, most licences sold are "one computer only". The ruling seems to override such crap, meaning that you can not only move an OS to a new comp but even sell it freely!