Interesting articles

::

On this episode of War Stories, Ars Technica sits down with Rob Cunningham to revisit the groundbreaking 1999 3D real-time strategy game, Homeworld. When Rob and a group of friends founded Relic Entertainment, they set out to marry the gameplay of Command & Conquer with the feel of Battlestar Galactica - all in a full 3D environment. On top of the everpresent memory limitations of the day, the team needed to get creative in figuring out how to orient players when, in space, no direction is up.

Oh yeah, I still haven't finished the remastered version! It'll have to wait though, I'm currently playing Ori and the Will of the Wisps. Me and all the children! Ajda is having serious problems adjusting to single-handed movement, Erazem OTOH is used to it from Nuclear Throne and Elite. Anyway, I have to play through the most difficult parts for all... :D

Oh, and the controls are really difficult, you control at least three different moves with your pinky. I constantly make mistakes.

@SV: Expertise - Manual Dexterity. Seeking maximum gains? PC gaming FTW! happy.png

Finished the game earlier today... Damn, three tree escapes put the "Manual Dexterity" to the ultimate test. Last one especially. During those the game won't let you save your progress and any damn mistake means a restart of the whole escape, which takes (when you finally make it) like 2-3 minutes of constant action, using more or less all the abilities, gathered through the game.

All in all, a superb platformer. Great music, visuals, atmosphere, story and gameplay. I bought it to get my kids off Roblox and finished it first, he he he!