Interesting articles

@SV: well, I would argue losing soldiers is what it's all about, particularly when you're facing very advanced aliens attacking Earth.

Let me point you towards Polygon's review of XCOM 2: War of the Chosen, and the following testimony:

All of these factors - the new factions, the excellent voice acting, the soldier Bonds, the Lost and the new and dynamic mission types - combine to create more drama than ever before.

But you won't see that drama if you coddle your soldiers with save-scumming, like I did. This time around, the game's Iron Man mode - which literally prevents you from saving the game on your own - is absolutely necessary. It’s the only way to be sure that there’s the opportunity to lose the game.

I call it an opportunity because in XCOM 2: War of the Chosen, fighting a losing battle might be just as much fun as fighting and winning. It will hurt, and my favorite soldiers will die. But when I'm done I'll have a much, much more interesting story to tell.

::

Elsewhere - Twilight Imperium:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUpFlkTvQgg

So, Thor, you work for Steam support I see. grin.gif

Edit: Interesting article, indeed. I wonder if European court ruling (that digital products are property and one can do whatever he likes with them) made an impact of any sort. I doubt Valve included an exemption for EU residents, but since courts are above any EULA, Valve's EULA is null and void in this regard. At least in EU...