Freighter mod?

The WHAM Burglar

https://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/575/575027p2.html

Martin Klima: The tactical missions take place in strategically important places - old industrial plants (a source of valuable spare parts and equipment), alien crafts and bases (a source of valuable alien technologies), on freighter ships (connecting your bases over sea), along the tracks (connecting your bases over land), etc. All these locations are new and contrary to Aftermath in that their look does not very much depend on their location in the world. We decided that instead of five or six different city architectures that play more or less the same in the end, we would give the players five or six different environments.

Having extracted the .vfs I was made aware of the Freighter levels and a passing mention to a mod which adds them back into the game. I have yet to find this mod or a means of changing what levels are loaded when.

I am rather desperate for help here.

So far I have been able to derive the following:

1)

The .pit file extension gets associated with AutoCAD, though I have not be able to open said files with AutoCAD such as laputa_01_runway.plt.

2)

mod_gamedata2\tactical\scenes\generator\environments\

Holds the data for the tactical levels, files that have "mm" at the end but not as an extension are for the mini map of a level, eg:

laputa_01_runway_mm.optm

3)

You can view .dds files with photoshoip using the plugin below:

https://developer.nvidia.com/object/photosh...ds_plugins.html

4)

.bspt files contain BSP trees, aka level geometry?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_space_partitioning

5)

The.optm files contain data on meshes.

6) Missing .mat files?!?

As I had seen in 'mod_gamedata2\tactical\scenes\generator\environments\reticul\laputa\laputa_01_runway.cfg'

SCENE_CONFIG_FILE RECORD
 PATH_ONLY STR "tactical\\scenes\\generator\\environments\\reticul\\laputa\\laputa_01_runway"
 BIN_FILE STR "tactical/scenes/generator/environments/reticul/laputa/laputa_01_runway/laputa_01_runway.bin"
 BIN_FILE STR "tactical/scenes/generator/environments/reticul/laputa/laputa_01_runway/laputa_01_runway_mm.bin"
 NORMAL_FILE STR "tactical/scenes/generator/environments/reticul/laputa/laputa_01_runway/laputa_01_runway.plt"
 NORMAL_FILE STR "tactical/scenes/generator/environments/reticul/laputa/laputa_01_runway/laputa_01_runway.nit"
 NORMAL_FILE STR "tactical/scenes/generator/environments/reticul/laputa/laputa_01_runway/laputa_01_runway.arm"
 NORMAL_FILE STR "tactical/scenes/generator/environments/reticul/laputa/laputa_01_runway/laputa_01_runway_settings.txt"
 NORMAL_FILE STR "tactical/scenes/generator/environments/reticul/laputa/laputa_01_runway/laputa_01_runway.mat"
 NORMAL_FILE STR ""
 NORMAL_FILE STR ""
 NORMAL_FILE STR "tactical/scenes/generator/environments/reticul/laputa/laputa_01_runway/laputa_01_runway_mm.mat"
 bspOptCount INT 4
 BIN_FILE STR "tactical/scenes/generator/environments/reticul/laputa/laputa_01_runway/laputa_01_runway_0A3801B0.bspt"
 BIN_FILE STR "tactical/scenes/generator/environments/reticul/laputa/laputa_01_runway/laputa_01_runway_mm_0A365D90.bspt"
 BIN_FILE STR "tactical/scenes/generator/environments/reticul/laputa/laputa_01_runway/laputa_01_runway.optm"
 BIN_FILE STR "tactical/scenes/generator/environments/reticul/laputa/laputa_01_runway/laputa_01_runway_mm.optm"
 slotCount INT 0
END_OF_SCENE_CONFIG_FILE

The .mat files seem to be missing for every level!