Alien Sub Maps

Hobbes

Does anybody has the schematics/ floor maps for the alien subs?

Kasey Chang's Unofficial Strategy Guide for the games has them for UFO but there's none for TFTD.

If anyone has them please drop me a message. Thanks in advance.

Give me aboot a week or so. As I just told Blade in a PM the TFTD maps aren't quite perfected yet... The UFO maps can go up though. If someone tells me how! :P

And in the realm of Apocalypse? Been there done that, failed miserably. The map itself was fine. But it's three square pages of A4 paper... ish... :)

I haven't done any more since that. (That being the smallest mapable one!)

Can you take screenies in TFTD/UFO? If so, someone (or I) should just see if we can switch screen resolution on the game so the whole USO can be seen on one screen... and then we could easily just post a pic.

Im assuming the maps you speak of are drawings/textpics, we should see about getting screenies. anyone know how to change screen resolution?

How about screenshots from the top-down overhead map? The really large ships could easily be pieced together from a few screenshots. It would still show you the basic floor layout.

Getting the floorpan in the iso view is simple enough, but very time consuming.

- NKF

• 3 months later...

Hey Fellas, so whats the situation with the maps?

Veteran, are your Top down maps done the same way like the ones in Kasey's UFO guide?

And what's a hud?

I think that the hand-made kind is the best for general purposes and putting ina guide, the screenshot looks the best but is hard to pierce together for big ships.

Screenshot from the ingame overhead terrain/map viewer (is this what u call hud?) are the worst, it's too muddled up.

As for the resolution, I don't think you can change it. I use the F12 key to take screenshot and it comes out 320 x 200 x 24BPP. It's way small for nowaday res, but you can zoom in and it'll look pretty much the same as ingame.

• 3 months later...
I was wondering about LTNS' really old thread resurrections. I would understand if you had some big news about the subject, but I don't think telling people "it's easy to remember the layouts" is really a good enough reason. :)

If you were away for three months why aren't you just resurrecting three month old threads? Besides all you need to do if you've been away a long time is search for all the topics updated in that time and reply when necessary... I've not seen a single one of your posts that has been necessary since you came back... Now pack it in or you'll be going for another three months...

This seems an interesting topic to have resurrected, but it could have been done differently, like started over. Besides, only the USO's and the ships (terror sites) are standard. But the colonies, the other terror sites aren't all the same. Neither are the artifact sites the same. Even the same ones.