Getting H&S

Zombie

Hi folks, I purchased a European copy of Hammer and Sickle the other day for dirt cheap (unopened, still in the plastic too) and I'm wondering if there are any patches for it which are necessary. Figured I should ask here first. :D

- Zombie

Thanks for the link, FA. Downloading right now. :D

So does anyone else find this game a little, urm, disappointing? Can't create a female hero anymore, can't change his voice either, etc. Plus it reuses most of the sound effects and music from Silent Storm. I mean, from the surface this is shaping up to be a flop. :)

- Zombie

Hopefully my first impressions of it are way off base. At least it has a decent physical manual, not this electronic stuff developers sometimes call a manual. Hehe. :D

Well, seems I can't even get through the initial mission without getting killed immediately (and I even have S2/S3 experience to boot). This might go back on the bookshelf. :)

- Zombie

Guess I should've read the manual and listened to what the officer had to say in the beginning. :D

Still, the first two missions are scripted. You do it the way the programmers wanted it to go or you're dead. Which I think is totally stupid. For instance, if I want to shoot everyone in the first part of the mission and create WWIII, that should be up to me. But it doesn't let me. Worse, it actually prevents my gun and grenade from damaging the enemy at all. (Or the American and Soviet units are impervious, take your pick). :)

So when do these scripted missions end (or is this what the whole game is about)? I loved the open ended mission setup in S2/S3 where everything goes. Why? Because I'm in control, not the game. :D

- Zombie