No-PK mod?

NoxNoctum

Hey guys I just bought SS a few days ago (I know, a little late to the party :))... and I'm loving it so far. Completed three missions so far. Thing is I just heard about these PKs and how they apparentally ruin late game balance. I know there's a mod on this site to remove them though. Can I copy the file that removes them and still continue my campaign or do I have to start over? (I have not even gotten close to the point in the game where the PKs appear)

Also... just as while I'm posting. Is Hammer and Sickle worth getting? Although S2 and S3 both got a lot of great reviews, Hammer and Sickle was DESTROYED! Any thoughts as to why?

thanks guys. Wish there were more games like this out there... looks like JA3 has gone the way of vaporware unfortunately :D

Hey guys I just bought SS a few days ago (I know, a little late to the party :))... and I'm loving it so far. Completed three missions so far. Thing is I just heard about these PKs and how they apparentally ruin late game balance. I know there's a mod on this site to remove them though. Can I copy the file that removes them and still continue my campaign or do I have to start over? (I have not even gotten close to the point in the game where the PKs appear)

You probably have to start over and apply the mod at the setup. Not that this matters much in your case since you are only a few missions in. :D I just reached PKs in my current game. I don't think it ruins the game so far, but that may change as I get further in. I'd suggest playing completely through the game one time unmodded just to see what was intended by the developers. It's only fair. :)

Also... just as while I'm posting. Is Hammer and Sickle worth getting? Although S2 and S3 both got a lot of great reviews, Hammer and Sickle was DESTROYED! Any thoughts as to why?

I have no idea why, but the game is a little different from the Silent Storm series. From what I've seen H&S is a great game to get.

thanks guys. Wish there were more games like this out there... looks like JA3 has gone the way of vaporware unfortunately :D

I still have hope that JA3 is coming. Strategy First hasn't mentioned one way or another that the game has been canceled. This might be misdirected hope as it seems like games are getting harder and harder to finish in today's crummy economy.

- Zombie