in need of a kind soul !

goju

hello everyone , i recently wanted to replay and finish ufo AS with my custom made skins ( i lost them skins and savegame during an HDD crash ).

so i re installed ufo as , and wanted to extract the files from gamedata.vfs, this is where it gets bad , i cannot open / extract any files from gamedata.vfs and mod multim.vfs , every time i try i get a STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION error.

i tried meaaov , flux and sigget vfs tools and far manager all of them and all of them give me the same result.

has anyone experienced this problem and know a fix?

or even better any kind soul to share the content of these two files with me?

i know the files are quite huge but if anyone is able to upload/send them to me i'd really be thankful !!

thanks for reading and i hope i will be able to get it to work or get these files somehow.

Searching for the error on Google produced quite a few results not directly related to the game. This says "...It says about cygwin that "STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION" comes because several processes are trying to access some shared memory piece at the same time...".

Could it be that some other program is accessing the gamefiles at the same time? Do you use Cygwin?

I'd try PM'ing PetteriB in addition to posting this by the way, as I don't have much to contribute besides this I fear.

i messed with the windows's file protector ( start , config panel , system , advanced parameters, click parameters under performances , data prevention tab , and add an exception with sigget vfstool)

reboot

and it'll work but ONLY with sigget's tool , the other 2 are still not working !