need help

infael

I don't quite remember Apoc being so hard when I played so long ago.

As it stands, Marsec somehow got taken over. I can no longer buy Valks and Hawks. Consequently, my air power is extremely weak.

I found a cheat online where you hold down alt and type ufo cheat. That hasn't worked for me. Im using GamerGate"s Apoc version.

Advice or help is appreciated. :D

Is there a wish list for the potentially upcoming Xcom games?

....Advice? Start over.

>.>

Honestly I dunno. You might try bribing them long enough to buy the aircraft you need, but that'd need a good chunk of cash to pull off...

as for teh cheat thing, I understand that only worked in the demo of Apoc. Don't quote me on tha tthough.

I concur, the ufo and tac cheats were only left in the demo.

I say restart as well, otherwise you could actively attack some of Marsec's enemies to get them back into non-hostile status. Bribing will not work if they've been infiltrated or they've stopped accepting bribes.

If you don't mind a more passive air combat approach, you don't have to shoot down every UFO you come across and mainly concentrate on the ground battles. Use what forces you do have to capture enough UFO samples (one of each type, basically) to research the Dimension Probe, Bio Trans and Exlporer. Starting with the Explorer, you can start going on the offensive and work your way up to the remaining two hybrid ships. It does mean less exciting air battles for a while. :D

If you restart, I recommend strengthening your infiltration management to stop any companies from getting infiltrated. The best way to do this is keep a close eye on all the transports (pause a lot, and whip between the various transports) and where they make their drops. Head to each drop site and hit them as soon as you can. Once cleared, remember the location of these sites. I do this by parking an unmanned hoverbike at the building. As the day passes, update your top-10 infiltration chart to see which companies are getting infiltrated. When you spot any graph lines that are rising sharply, send a team to investigate the buildings closest to the drop sites that are owned by the affected companies. Use the overhead map and the organizations tab to speed up this process. Just go to the overhead map and select the icon of the company you want to check. This will highlight all their buildings on the overhead map. Match up the ones that are at least one or two blocks from the drop sites.

After clearing the site or sites, keep repeating the whole process of letting time run, updating the top-10 charts and investigating as necessary until the graphs start to slow down or drop. Once you've done that, you can rest easy for the rest of the day. To make sure, wait until all the graphs are dropping or gone entirely.

With this more active approach to dealing with infiltration, you'll never hear any sirens except for the one alerting you to the first mission.

- NKF

Something I've noticed in relation to infiltration graph is that sometimes I'll see a sudden increase in several organizations even after it's been clear of UFOs for a few days and I had already wiped out the last inserted troops.

Experience tells me that usually this can be cleared quickly by going to the most recenetly infested building owned by the company with the highest Inf%. (IE If Megapol and the Goverment and Marsec and a few others having rising bars, and Megapol was the last building I cleared of Aliens and ALSO is the highest % infiltrated, I'll go examine Megapol's building).

Once that single mission is done in these cases, the others will have their bar graph drop back down as well.

As for WHY, the only thing I can figure is that on the intinal sweep some Aliens snuck out and managed to regroup to bother the nearby buildings.

Or something, I dunno.

Thanks all! I've already restarted the game 3 times and just brought down that UFO type that carries overspawn. I've been cleaning out infiltrated companies regularly. My graph has a flat line, making me surprised Marsec got taken over! Will try the advice re fighting Marsec's enemies.

I guess I just gotta build more Explorers. Takes a while tho, with engineers at 95 or above. Aliens just destroyed 2 of my bases. Ugh.

Once I had an organisation get taken over when a taxi craft - belonging to an already alien-owned company - touched down at one of their buildings. I reloaded a few times, and it happened on each. Eventually one of my fighters managed to bring the taxi down, hence preventing the takeover.

Are you sure Marsec is under alien control? They don't just happen to like the aliens more then they like you? In the former case, there's not much you can do. In the later, it's usually possible to recover.

Something I've noticed in relation to infiltration graph is that sometimes I'll see a sudden increase in several organizations even after it's been clear of UFOs for a few days and I had already wiped out the last inserted troops.

I've seen sudden sharp spikes in activity (after everything seems to be dropping off) happen on the same day, but not after a few days of inactivity after all the graphs have disappeared off the top-10 chart. But that's just based off my experience.

But the mention of infiltrated organizations affecting relations by sending vehicles about. I never had to contend with them thanks to regular infiltration sweeps, but it's still food for thought.

As for WHY, the only thing I can figure is that on the intinal sweep some Aliens snuck out and managed to regroup to bother the nearby buildings.

Or something, I dunno.

Aliens will spread out to adjacent buildings from the intiial drop site, and from the adjacent sites, they may even infect sites adjacent to them.

I don't know exactly how the infiltration/alien numbers work, but the infiltration appears to grow in strength over time, peaks, then starts dropping off. Probably to mimic the Multiworm life cycle. The number of aliens in the building affect the severity of the infiltration.

That reminds me, it's possible for the aliens to re-infiltrate the main site after you've cleared it.

- NKF

The aliens will actually follow the multiworm life cycle exactly, I did some testing on that some time ago. So one alien egg -> one (or four, I'm not sure about this anymore) multiworm -> four hyperworms each -> four chrysali -> four other things. This happened fairly quickly, within one day even IIRC.

The aliens will actually follow the multiworm life cycle exactly, I did some testing on that some time ago. So one alien egg -> one (or four, I'm not sure about this anymore) multiworm -> four hyperworms each -> four chrysali -> four other things. This happened fairly quickly, within one day even IIRC.
Yes, but the good news is that the aliens actually die off by themselves quite quickly as well - just as the xcom research says. My understanding is that if there are live aliens within an organisation, the infiltration of that organisation will trend upwards; when there are no aliens, it will trend downwards... so if the infiltration is low to begin with, and if I don't have enough healthy agents to do a ground mission safely, I sometimes just ignore a wave of a aliens and let them die off on their own.