Little help here?

KeybdFlyer

So I downloaded and installed Tampa Gamer's sound mod and it was a great improvement. But I wanted some "more realistic" weapon sounds. After acquiring quite a few recordings of genuine weapons and playing around with them for a while, I unpacked Tampa's mod, overwrote his files with mine and re-compiled the mod again. After a couple of false starts (I've never done any modding of any kind before), I had it activated in the game and all's fine - nice new gunshots etc. However, I then decided to replace a couple of the enemy sounds too and after creating the sound files, I again unpacked the sound mod, replaced the three files with my three new ones, re-compiled the mod again and activated it. Nothing. Nothing at all. Not even the previously working sounds were there. De-activating this new mod and re-activating the v 1.0 of it puts everything back nicely. I've checked and re-checked the new sounds and there's nothing wrong with them as far as I can tell. Anyone any ideas as to what I should be looking for as an error?

The most likely cause (like with all modding/editing) is a simple typo. However you might also want to check if the last wav files you added do have the same format that the other files have, check them for bitrate, stereo/mono etc. And if they are wav, mp3, ogg etc.

I really wish it were that simple Eriss! :D

I used Tampa's file structure exactly, i.e. I unpacked his .vfs, deleted the sounds of his I wanted to replace (the gunshots) and then used a sound editor to match my sounds to his precisely in bit rate, sampling rate and length (750kbps, 22050 Hz, 16 bit). The sound durations are also exactly the same down to

Just an update for anyone who's interested. I took the .vfs file containing the new sounds I'd made, unpacked it, added the three sound that somehow caused the failure and then added another four sounds (reticulan laser pistol & rifle). End result? They all work :D . So on I go - more sounds to amend - hopefully successfully again!