Mind control - argh

jrink

Aaaah peace at last! After 2 hours of searchin, several wierd downloads i managed to get my Collectors Edition to work without any problems at all!

Incredible! ^^

With all the errors gone i discovered that i am in fact, very elite at assaulting colony's and i have destroyed many of them since the post were i explained how hard it was on my glitchy version of TFTD i had before.

Hurray!

TFTD can still be hard even when it is not glitchy... :hmmm:

hey hey dont go sad on me ;D

Ofcourse it's hard! And i like that.. alot.

Sometimes when it gets so hard that i fear for my health i quit TFTD and play Ufo Defence instead. Much easier (if u compare to TFTD) =)

• 3 weeks later...
MC in TFTD isn't anything compared to ethereals, from what i've seen. I've never had any serious trouble with bugs MCing my guys, OTOH, UFO didn't have lobstermen..... So i guess it blanaces out, almost. Tasoths are a dumbed-down ethereal, and mutons would be dumbed-down Lobstermen. I usually don't have morale problems, almost all of my troops have 50+ bravery, except for a few exceptionally good ones (in other categories) that have 40 bravery. The one's who get MCed, especially if they're just seamen, able seamen; get shot if they're in a dangerous position(i.e, inside the transport), otherwise i stun them. They still get sacked later on...... not the best financial solution, but it works. :)

• 2 weeks later...
erm.... in city terror missions... i've had problems with the aluminum looking towers with the stairs going around it... there is usually one alien on top and one in the actual tower like structure.... ideally i should be able to go up stairs and use the ramp enter building and blow the crap out of the alien inside... but for some reason it says that a tile that should be there isnt there... its just at the top of the stairs and you cant see it because the the corner of the building is blocking it because of the way it is i cant get into the tower. So i have to do things difficultly... either blast a hole in the bottom (provided you have the weaponry for it) and toss in a grenade (if its a normal grenade it may take awhile but if its a sonic grenade you will have an alien corpse fall on you) has anyone had this problem before? is it an actual game bug or a problem with my TFTD? all in all im pretty peeved at the extra effort :)

Are the stairs damaged in any way? If they are, then that's why.

Do you have gas cannons (with HE or incendiary shells), or at least a thermal shok launcher? These weapons can cause damage right through the ceiling.

You can also throw grenades up through ceilings! It's technically a bug, but -- along with explosive type weapons -- it's the next best solution to your problem.

- NKF

hmm stairs arent damaged you err... you cant see them though but its like that everytime ive done tonnes of those missions to the same result.... but i didnt know you could use gas weapons on land :) ... hmm gotta try that next time i play it. thanks for the tip... out of curiousity is it possible to pick up the UFO CE or the TFTD CE anymore? i havent been able to find any :) sorry about the off topic

gee... I took controll of them and cought them on fire or something... You have no idea how funny it is the see a sectoid walk into a fire and stand there for three turns. it's even funier when i release him and he runs around on fire and unarmed.

:)

out of curiousity is it possible to pick up the UFO CE or the TFTD CE anymore? i havent been able to find any  :)

On a certain program, we will call "Kazaa", you can find the installs for a certain game, which we will call "UFO CE". :)

I've never downloaded them, but I did a search on X-COM there one time for the heck of it and saw a bunch of X-COM game installs.

If you already have the DOS game I don't see what the harm would be if you downloaded these.

• 2 weeks later...
erm.... in city terror missions... i've had problems with the aluminum looking towers with the stairs going around it... there is usually one alien on top and one in the actual tower like structure.... ideally i should be able to go up stairs and use the ramp enter building and blow the crap out of the alien inside... but for some reason it says that a tile that should be there isnt there... its just at the top of the stairs and you cant see it because the the corner of the building is blocking it because of the way it is i cant get into the tower. So i have to do things difficultly... either blast a hole in the bottom (provided you have the weaponry for it) and toss in a grenade (if its a normal grenade it may take awhile but if its a sonic grenade you will have an alien corpse fall on you) has anyone had this problem before? is it an actual game bug or a problem with my TFTD? all in all im pretty peeved at the extra effort  :)

Funnily enough, I've had that problem too. (That's the Sold-Out Software Version)

I had to nuke the top with nades because the harpoons wouldn't go through the banisters :)

hmm yeah i picked TFTD out of a bargain bin in an obscure store like 2 years ago and it was still in the packaging.... very happy but my luck with UFO hasnt been so great..... yeah i do about the same or if i have sonic weapons i just shoot a hole in the bottom toss in a sonic grenade and whatever doesnt die falls out because there is no more floor.

As mentioned somewhere in the UFO forum, grenades and other items can be tossed through the ceiling, so you don't need to make a hole, especially if you don't have the firepower to make one.

In the case of those tall iron towers, since the floor you want to attack is two levels up, you won't be able to throw directly above you. You can, however throw it up at an angle.

- NKF