UFOGoldenHack

scorpy

Hi guys. I too am developing an GUI UFO editor, you can check it here. Any feedback would be great!

So far it edits fixed game values, such as objects (weapons, ammo etc), crafts, craft weapons andaliens as well as saved game data, such as funds, base layout, stores, soldiers, facilities and so on.

Enjoy!

Hi scorpy, very nice editor! Can you change "large Radar" to "Large Radar"? It's really only cosmetic, but that's the only error I could find. A question though: why must I manually press "Load Data" to see values? Isn't there a way to do this automatically for a user? Some people may get confused seeing zeros in all the fields. :D

- Zombie

Civilian, support for other versions will come! Anyway, you can still edit saved game values ;)

Zombie, good thinking, I'll automatically "Load Data" on start.

And excuse me for any grammar mistakes. I am from Slovenia. :D Anyway, I'll keep you updated on my progress. And suggestions are welcome! :)

Nope, editing saved games does not work, the editor says this (even when being in my DOS Xcom directory)

https://i45.tinypic.com/qssdqe.jpg

But do not hurry or rush things, take your time. I have two dozen other XCOM editors that help me in the meantime :);)

Still, one more tool can never hurt! :D

Hey Scorpy, looks good so far! Very well done. I'm happy to see more people working on this stuff. Your editor gives me some ideas of things that XCOMHACK is missing (like finishing all construction or clearing a base quickly). I may have to "borrow" those. :D I hope you don't mind.

May I have a feature request/idea?

"-Finish current research" :D

IIRC Xcomhack has the "Finish all research" feature, but a less brutal approach would be better imo. ;)

p.s. I love XcomHack btw :)

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. If you have any others, feel free to post them in my thread for that:

New XCOMHACK

• 3 years later...

I'm hoping someone with UFOGoldenHack might be able to help me out here. I've been using the editor to change the stats of all the UFO's in the game to make them very hard to intercept. Anyway, it works great.

However, once I press "write changes" and save my edits, the editor changes all the alien's stats to that of the hovertank. I even went right through every alien stat and manually changed them back (took about an hour) and pressed write changes but they all reverted back to the hover tank again.

I'm using UFO gold edition, UFO Extender and XcomUtil. Has anyone else encountered this or know what might be wrong?

My idea for a work around was to use UFO golden hack to change the UFO stats and save them, and then use another editor to change the alien stats back to default. However I need an editor that offers the same amount of changes that UFO gold hack edits, and no such luck so far.

I'm SO close to tweaking my xcom to the perfect ideal game but I keep hitting small bumps like this one. Any help would be greatly appreciated