This game is HARD!

martinistripes

I keep running out of soldiers after receiving Olga and the others. I'm only playing it on medium-medium. Can I get more human re-enforcements. I keep getting told by the Laputians "Space travel with a human crew is not simple, at the moment we must put our efforts into Earth affairs".

It's extremely addictive though, and killing many hours for me. How it only got 74% on Gamerankings I don't know.

Perhaps I need to put the robots to better use...

You need to be careful with your crew in Afterlight (more so than the previous games in the series and X-COM). This has put some people off, while others appreciate it (getting more attached to your soldiers when they have proper backgrounds and so on). Often people that enjoy iron-man (no save/load play) are especially ticked off by the lack of reinforcements.

Thanks, but I'll persist. I'm a stubborn guy.

Has anyone here played Aftershock? Is it just as challenging & addictive when played without the reloads? If so, I'm going to buy.

Heh heh.

AS has a weird difficulty curve,

but -for better or worse - recruits are so easy to come by that losing an individual isn't that horrid.

If you think battles tend to = casualties, even for the good guys, and can handle that you'll have to train the new troops,

I htink you'll like that aspect. i personally play without reloads - if possible in nay game i play - with the exception of interface errors, etc-

and I think it's suited to me.

Losing asquaddie becoems a matter of attachment, rather than " now i'm going to lose because i can't get anyone out of cold storage".