Myrmecol Horror Mod

BadgerBadger

This mod is based on following the implications of two, linked "what-ifs" for the UFO AM to AS storyline.

The first is, the original Myrmecol should never have been on a moon base. Myrmecol research in AS specifically states they land on the target planet - and having a psychic 'mating call' from Earth when she was on the moon

Secondly; that the biomass is not a seperate entity from the Myrmecol, but rather that the Myrmecol IS the biomass.

"This implies that the spores, the transgenants, the biomass nodes and Planetmind are all part of a complex life cycle of a single organism. If this theory is correct, then it follows that thousands or even millions of worlds have already been ruined by this organism, and the Reticulans are reduced from a position of leadership to errand boys.
"

Inspiration

Explaination

This is currently a shell; I will add a changes list.

SO: If the myrmecols are the ultimate LoveCraftian Yog-Sothoth/Tyrannid "warp demons" of elder demon/alien badness...

https://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo359/cellardweller_2008/shub-niggurath.gif

...does that mean the original myrmy, in (Aftershock's re-imagining of AfterMath events)...

-when earth got "spored" ( - and what a great way to start a game that was - 28 days later with a nasty twist)

'she' was a giant "genestealer" who basically sprayed our whole planet....

with her "SPERM" ???

NASTY!!!

Greetings, Earth; you've been tyrannid-ed!

PREPARE TO MUTATE.

... she could have at least bought us drinks first.

Thank you for your interest.

*Edit: In defending this idea, I realized I hadn't finished AM, and was unaware that the end of it basically implies exactly what I wanted to "change" - the reticulans themselves are being mutated, in fact being biomass nodes.

"It is possible that the spores are intelligent beings in their own right; the coordinated nature of their actions would indicate a form of group mind. This implies that the spores, the transgenants, the biomass nodes and Planetmind are all part of a complex life cycle of a single organism. If this theory is correct, then it follows that thousands or even millions of worlds have already been ruined by this organism, and the Reticulans are reduced from a position of leadership to errand boys."-https://www.strategycore.co.uk/databank/games/ufo-aftermath/conspiracy-theory/

(In stock AfterShock, we see cultists (mission video) - that appear to be "biomass nodes" precisely as the reticulans were becoming at then end of AM.)

The implication for mutants is, they are all earth-biomass hybrids - this also implies that the crew of the "spacehulks", and the 'original' core of the cultists, would be Hybrids.

It also implies - as perhaps the cover of aftershock - that the reticulans here on earth, the ancestors of the original servants, would be hybrids. Psychically crippled, originally, but who knows what nasty attributes the myrm DNA imparts to her hybrids?

This at least might explain why provinces in AS couldn't distinguish between Mutant and Reticulan ... by this implication the Reticulans would have mutated as well, and both variety of Mutants should be servants of the Myrmecol.

* Expect the beginning of the game to quit being so easy.