Missing Research

PHOENIX

Hey, I was just wondering what I need to research in order to get the Leviathan and the Bombardment Shield? As well as, once I research the T'leth, the Alien's City part of TFTD, how do I discover the city? Do I send out a few ships to the gulf of mexico or something? Thanks for your help.

:devil:

First of all, make sure you have a leviathan researched before researching T'leth by way of tasoth commander.

For Leviathan I think you need: Lobsterman Nav, Magnetic Nav, Zrbite, Alien Learning Arrays, (Ufo Power Source [in UFO, forgot what it was called in TFTD]), ion beam accelorators (which might be the power source), UFO Construction, (The first ship), maybe aqua plastics, Hammerhead then Lobsterman Commander, and I think that is all of them, however, I haven't beaten or even gotten very far in the game so I might be missing a couple.

Finally, when you have Leviathan and T'leth researched (and constructed) all you have to do is to get to the part where you pick a destination for the Leviathan (where it's got the border and inside it also has a cancel button). Well right next to the cancel button should be a button for T'leth. Click it then off you go.

Whew, that's all of it.

Have a look under the topic "Problem in research" further down the board. Read through it. It might help.

If you're using the original dos version without the v2 patch, there is one slight variation. Magnetic navigation is acquired from a lobsterman navigator, otherwise with the v2 update, or the collectors edition, mag. navigation should appear immediately.

- NKF

Anyone else with the Col. Ed have a similar problem? I can't check as I don't have TFTD Col. Ed.

Try starting a brand new game and try to capture your first sub intact. Shooting it down shouldn't matter, but you won't get the IBA and zrbite. You ought to have Magnetic Navigation appear on the research list immediately.

If not, try capturing a lobsterman navigator and try again. Just make sure you have some mag. nav's in your stores, as the game is a little demanding in some respects.

- NKF