The Girl At Work

FullAuto

THIS IS A STRATEGY FORUM WE SHOULD BE THINKING STRATEGY

Let's play the Game of Love.

It's a multiple-round version of Prisoner's Dilemma, weightings unknown.

On every round you get to choose Co-operate © or Defect (D) with the other person.

1) Every turn you BOTH co-operate, you get a little bit of what we'll call Love, for lack of a good definition.

It is up to you how much to trust the other person, but traditionally trust increases with the number of rounds played. It is not unknown for mutual co-operation to lock into a loop, "until death do us part".

There are two other possible outcomes:

2) One co-operates on the same round the other defects. The Co-operator loses whatever trust and love they had put into the relationship and often ends up with a Broken Heart. The Defector gets to keep the ego boost provided by the Co-operator. Defectors with a pattern of waiting a few rounds until the payoff is bigger are known as "Players" and try to hide this from prospective partners.

3) Mutual Defection can result in Bitter Breakups. All trust is lost and no further rounds can be played. There is a variant where both players announce their intent to defect before the round, a Mutually Agreed Defection can lead to the lesser known Amicable Breakup.

The secret to winning is.. Oops! Gotta go back to work!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

>deleted because i felt like it

That must have been something pretty bad, eh? :)

THIS IS A STRATEGY FORUM WE SHOULD BE THINKING STRATEGY

Let's play the Game of Love.

It's a multiple-round version of Prisoner's Dilemma, weightings unknown.

On every round you get to choose Co-operate

I deleted my post as I thought my success story in it might sound a bit mocking. I wasn't sure if it could be misunderstood....

I can sum it up for you, though: Didn't have any plan, went dancing, looked in one direction, saw someone and we both were hit by an lightning of love in that very moment. Then I concluded with the insight that all the planning is only an illusion, everything happens automatically, all you can do is to produce possibilities and opportunities.

:)

Still, ploughed on, asked her if she'd like to come with me and have sex later (not really) and she said yes.

https://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b348/SpaceVoyager/Smiley/xtreme.gifhttps://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b348/SpaceVoyager/Smiley/dance.gifhttps://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b348/SpaceVoyager/Smiley/SM_dance.gifhttps://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b348/SpaceVoyager/Smiley/notworthy.gifhttps://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b348/SpaceVoyager/Smiley/loser.gif

GREAT!

Not to play the game in the first place? :) 33% positive results aren't that good of odds. ;)

I think the line is "'Tis better to have Loved and lost, than never to have Loved at all." :)

The odds of success are much lower than that over successive rounds... a lot depends on your choice of partner, and what your partner thinks of you. And of course bias from previous relationships, good or bad. What, you thought this was just a game? It's not a game.

It is, however, a song.

Didn't have any plan, went dancing, looked in one direction, saw someone and we both were hit by an lightning of love in that very moment. Then I concluded with the insight that all the planning is only an illusion, everything happens automatically, all you can do is to produce possibilities and opportunities.

OMG that's pretty much my story too. Here's to not having a plan, not being self-conscious, and living in the flow of the moment. :)

look at me, all romantic-like, maudlin and passed out on the floor. As the Irish dating guide says, you have a narrow window between being brave enough to talk to women and being too drunk to control your bladder. Go on, you kids, have fun.

Librarians do NOT re-stock shelves in that pose :) Otherwise libraries would be full of people :)

Please do tell me though that that's not her and you're not sneakily taking photos of her. Bad man. Bad, bad man.

You're supposed to follow to her house and take photos through the bedroom window.

That photo was taken on this side of the pond, not yours Pete. The power outlet is the dead giveaway. :)

Agreed about the pose on the gal, it would certainly get more males to visit the place. Why is it that over here we don't have nice looking young women working in the library? Probably because the pay sucks. Count your blessings FA. :)

- Zombie

I suspect it's not a photo of a real librarian at all, those heels would be murder.

You're supposed to follow to her house and take photos through the bedroom window.

Forgot the ladder. She did storm outside shouting "Piss off or I'll phone the police you nutter!" but that could have been addressed at anyone.

This is the problem. I don't think a badly played bassline from any Motorhead song will qualify as romantic.

My opinion; anything a man tries to do for a woman is considered romantic, as long as it is for her. And doesn't hurt. Just tell her it is just for her and the you wouldn't show this to anyone else as you haven't played in years. But you are willing to "be humiliated" just for her...

Otherwise I asked the question "What skills" because I wasn't sure whether you are talking about the guitar or something else. :)

Just tell her it is just for her and the you wouldn't show this to anyone else as you haven't played in years. But you are willing to "be humiliated" just for her...

Are we talking about musical instruments or body parts now? :)