The Girl At Work

FullAuto

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My real worry is, she's from Germany, so will I have to get rid of all my WWII games? I'm not sure how keen she's going to be about me mowing down hundreds of her fake historical countrymen while laughing.

Although, she's a brown belt, well above my level, so I doubt a relationship would work. We're just too different.

There's just one tiny problem, aside from all that. You see, while in a busy training session one night, everyone else was partnered up and I was looking around for the other spare, there being an even-numbered amount of people present. Couldn't for the life of me see my prospective partner anywhere.

When I look around, the current object of my affections is walking away from me, shoulders and back advertising the fact that she was very angry indeed. She murmured to a training pair about me not wanting to train with her, they split up, one went with her, one with me.

Oh dear.

Tried to explain after training, got the cold shoulder.

Whoops.

Damn my extremely poor peripheral vision.

That's... better than the other way around?

I think what happened is she was waiting for me to notice and start training with her. When I did not, I think she took this to mean that I was ignoring her (as opposed to simply not noticing).

Although, she's a brown belt, well above my level, so I doubt a relationship would work. We're just too different.

This is most excellent, unless she's the abusive type that likes to beat her men to a bloody pulp! And it makes wrestling more..interesting.

You could ask to settle the issue with Aikido - I'm reasonably sure she'd love to grind you into the mat right now (not, that's not some sort of sick metaphor either before one of you goes there).

Sounds like it would be a great tension-breaker, however would you be okay if it turned out to be a tendon-breaker as well?

I think I have about half a foot on her and probably weight twice what she does, but I know if we settled it with aikido she'd destroy me.

That's one of the things I do find attractive about her, she can be genuinely fierce. It's quite dazzling.

I am having girl trouble myself. I'm not working, but since I am in college, and since I've had some extra money, I've been going out a bit, after class, etc. I've been going to a couple of strip clubs. And well, I took some time Friday to stop at one, and talk a little with one of the dancers, and also to kind of cheer her up. I also gave her my number so that she can call me when she needs to talk or whatever. I am personally hoping that more comes about. I'll just give it time.

*Edit*Oh, and FA, just be careful, and next time, look around and even talk to her. I bet that is what she is wanting to do.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I'm afraid I'm in the shit now. After training tonight, jokes were made concerning a certain girl and myself. Said jokes were bang on. I think I handled it well, stayed cool, didn't kill them all to hush it up, but the cat may very well be out of the bag. Oh dear.

Additionally, I'd just like to say: It's completely hopeless, she's never going to do anything but wipe her hands of me, she's a goddess, she's far too attractive, intelligent, successful, and so on and so forth in that fashion for another ten or twenty thousand words.

Sorry, but I needed to get that out of my system.

@FA:

I'm pretty sure your copious sighing and staring at her athletic, shapely body all throughout practice may have something to do with that? :P

::

You must learn from ze master, Pepe Le Pew and lovingly say to her:

"Come on darling, we must be grown up about zis thing; do not run away from ze love!"

;):P

Actually, it's the Facebook (damn you, Facebook!) comments and likes that have been going back and forth between us that has given the game away, although it isn't totally given away yet. :P

I expect you to get married before I do, and you've got less than a year. Get crackin!

Horp.

I suggest you remain your cool and simply ask her out. Que sera sera.

If my body could void coolant, it would be doing so. A great big blast of liquid nitrogen or something, as systems go critical.

Last night I terrified myself into thinking she was a lesbian, such was my despair. I don't really have anything to base this on, apart from her living with another female German expat. So she could be, I suppose. :/

Am I going to have to do it FOR YOU? Because I will!

*flails threat about in a minorly worrying nature*

:P ?

Hehe, yes, because there are a few of us on Facebook who know who you're talking about. It's been obvious for a long while now, though I guess we did get the benefit of reading this topic as well.

To be honest I would have guessed you were interested even without this topic.

Oh, and if those people you're talking about who noticed mention it to her, she'll likely think they're wrong and that you're not interested. Don't take that personally, but the ladies can't see clues any better than us blokes - all we can do is over-analyse what we think are clues or...

...DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!! :P

Mmmkay? ;)

Actually, don't listen to me - I'm hopeless at the early stages of relationships. I'm married though so there's hope for everyone :)

Hehe, yes, because there are a few of us on Facebook who know who you're talking about. It's been obvious for a long while now, though I guess we did get the benefit of reading this topic as well.

:P

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

all we can do is over-analyse what we think are clues

Guilty.

...DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!

I will, yes, definitely. At some point.

and I'm not at all sure she's in any way interested.

Whoa, hold on. Lemme get this straight: you and this German girl are flirting back and forth on Facebook and you aren't sure she's interested? Or did I read this wrong? :P

I'm going to act, honestly. It's just we both have a lot of training coming up,

Excuses. ;)

she's at aikido nearly every day,

Great, next time you are there, ask her out. Simple as that. :P

- Zombie

Dude, you need to just man up and ask her out. Try this, "(her name), would you like to go to lunch with me tomorrow?" Or like this, "(her name) would you mind meeting me at about (specify a time) and here for say lunch? (The place is one place, and NOT your place, but somewhere at least food is served.)" two answers you will accept are yes or no. If she says no, then see why. Maybe to early in the day. Try a later time, but still keep trying. If it's something else, like a boyfriend, then say it's not a date, but a chance to sit down with you and let me talk to you, and share some food with you. Seriously, FA, you are losing man points, and perhaps even a couple of man cards. Step it up several notches.