The vista fix

Preda

Get the complete packs from GamersGate or Steam, way less trouble ;)

You give way too little information. What do you mean the interceptions doesn't work? Can't you close in on the UFOs when you're engaged in combat? If so, that sounds like a bug unrelated to Vista. Do you use XCOMUtil or other mods?

The game slows down when the fighter reaches the ufo, the view zooms in, and after a few seconds in which my cursor is gone, it reverts back and the fighter is still chasing the ufo. Basically, the interception does not take place, or takes place too quickly, consistent with bladefirelight's warning about his patch. except that I get the same problem without that patch installed, after simply changing the executable name.

I don't have a credit card, so I can't buy from steam, because I would be sorely tempted to do so. STill, I prefer my free game, especially if I can fix it for vista.

• 2 months later...

Better not be an older Dell laptop. I burnt out my video card and motherboard twice on my old rig (due to the fact the videocard is integrated into the mobo) playing X-COM. On my new(er) laptop the two are separate components. :D

- Zombie

The game slows down when the fighter reaches the ufo, the view zooms in, and after a few seconds in which my cursor is gone, it reverts back and the fighter is still chasing the ufo. Basically, the interception does not take place, or takes place too quickly, consistent with bladefirelight's warning about his patch. except that I get the same problem without that patch installed, after simply changing the executable name.

I don't have a credit card, so I can't buy from steam, because I would be sorely tempted to do so. STill, I prefer my free game, especially if I can fix it for vista.

This is a speed problem. If the version of the patch you used has the CPU afinity part then it's possible to use a windows based slowdown program to get the interceptions to work. I found this choppy but functional. On Windows 7 this interception bug doesn't exist.

-Blade FireLight