Worst Game Voice Acting

Gimli

Yeah, I saw this video and one of the cover arts featured was in the cover art thread so I decided to shamelessly rip off the cover art thread because the cover art thread is cool. Couldn't figure out how to modify the subtitle to match that of the cover art thread. Is it just me or did I say cover art thread one too many times?

Any other examples of poor voice acting?

See Audio Atrocities for some fantastic examples.

The original Resident Evil has some classics, mostly spoken by the character Barry Burton, not sure who the voice actor is.

"Jill! Don't. Open......that door!"

"Jill, take this weapon. It's really powerful against living things."

I think House of the Dead 2 has the flat-out worst I've ever heard, shocking translation combined with hideous delivery makes you wonder if everyone working on the voice acting was just doped up to the eyebrows.

Chaos Wars is another great one, where the voice acting was done by friends and family of someone who had something to do with the game. It's an abomination.

• 4 months later...
I'd like to add Mark Meer as the male Commander Shepard from the Mass Effect games.

The guy sounds like a drone being paid minimum wage to work at a dead end job. There's no life in his delivery.

Bad? Sure. Of course, that's partially because Hale knocks her role out of the part, so he suffers by comparison.

Worst? You kidding?

Play Megaman 8. Don't skip the cinemas.

Then we can talk.

I'd like to add Mark Meer as the male Commander Shepard from the Mass Effect games.

The guy sounds like a drone being paid minimum wage to work at a dead end job. There's no life in his delivery.

. If anything, his performance gets worse in the second game.

That is fairly bad. Not the worst, as he's at least a native English speaker, not on drugs (except perhaps a low dose of prozac), and not deranged, but you'd expect better from such a big title.

There are some indies with great voice acting, mind.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Full Auto, thank you for the reference. I knew I heard it somewhere, just forgot where. I should have remembered as I spent hours playing that game, in one way or another. I probably spent $100 worth of quarters way back when, and since my nephew got it for Christmas, and playing it there.

As far as bad voice acting, actually some of the worst I think came out of the early games, and also some of the more interesting voices as well. A couple of weird voices are in Baldur's Gate series.

"Evil around every corner. Careful not to step in any."

Jim Cumming's as Minsc is pure gold! There are actually quite a lot of funny lines in that game and its sequel. That series has quite a star cast of voiceactors that you may have heard in numerous games and cartoons. Mind you there are some ham actors too. Still I don't really think you could categorise it alongside some of more notorious titles mentioned in this thread!

- NKF

"Evil around every corner. Careful not to step in any."

Still I don't really think you could categorise it alongside some of more notorious titles mentioned in this thread!

Absolutely not. Still modding and playing that game from time to time. It's on goodoldgames.com these days, which gave the community a bit of a revival. Check out gibberlings3 sometime.