Problem with range weapons in afterlight

Vombalk

- CPU (AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 3800+)

- RAM (2 GB DDR2 Ram)

- Monitor (Max refresh rate in 1024*768 important) (Samsung 790 DF)

- Sound Card (RealTek)

- Moterboard (FIC/EVEREX K2MC51LF)

- Operating system and version (Windows XP sp3)

- Game language and version (English version 1.7)

- No erroe message

- I have been playing UFO Afterlight Again for a week or so now no problems but I notice something today that got me looking again all of my lvl 20 or above squad members have lost effective range with there ranged weapons. (I.E. Riffle, Laser Riffle, Laser Cannon, Gattling Gun)

My effective range with ranged weapons has dropped substantially from 24 metters to 9-12 metters. Can someone please explain what is happening? I will add my Squads lvl's and enhancements. S= Supernatural H=Heroic O=Outstanding

Ute 21 Harald 22 Diego 22 Samantha 21 Pauline 21 Gene 20 Rita 16

Aiming S S S S S S H

Snapshot S S S S S S H

Physical S S S S S H O

Mechanical S S S S S H O

Dodge H S S H H H O

Consitution S S S S S H O

Speed H S S H H H O

Scouting H H H H H H O

Manipulation S S S S S S H

Charisma H H H H H H O

Rita is my only character in that lineup this is got a normal range she has 24m in range compaired to everone elses 9-12m range the only other thing they all have in comon is everyone else has the major athletics everthing else about them is a little different all including Rita have major suit wearing. When I realized I had this problem I went and found/installed the lattest patch version 1.7 did not fix the problem. I am playing on easy just to get myself refreshed with the game. That is all I can think of I don't know why all there ranges dropped it doesn't make sense please help.

The only thing I can think of that causes this is add-ons. This happened when using the remove all button from the equipment screen as it doesn't reset all bonuses/penalties from the character. Unfortunately, there's no known way to restore the character of ongoing game.

EDIT: Revising the addons, the only one that seems to reduce range is the "Cooler" for laser weapons.