UPDATE: I have officially started the campaign and will be listing all entries in this post. For now, I've stopped doing live commentary due to technical limitations, DOSBox's screen recorder works better than CamStudio but seems to only allow speaker audio. If anyone has suggestions on what software to use, please let me know.
Videos uploaded so far (updating this list and responding to the thread as new ones are added):
- presenting the campaign rules and mods
- tour of my base and soldiers, downing a sub
- going through standard equipment procedures
- leaving the Triton and securing the perimeter (in theory)
- swarmed by aliens!
- entering the alien sub
- had to restart after the last mission as the game crashed and I lost my progress
Back in the fray pt I
- downed another sub before the end of month terror mission
Back in the fray pt II
- messing up on scouting
Back in the fray pt III
- clearing the map and breaching the sub
I finally managed to upload a video, you can find it here
Nothing much is happening yet, just starting up the game and then a futile sub chase. I've lowered Triton speed to 150, making it hard to investigate anything but downed subs, terror site, alien bases and artifact sites with it. For landed subs, I will often have to use the lower capacity of the Interceptor or wait for the faster Hammerhead to arrive. This is still only a test run, I'll be starting over when I'm ready and set.
If you have any comments or advice on how to go about this before I start doing the campaign, I'd be most grateful. I'm planning on using pause a lot during geoscape activity so you still get a summary of activities but won't have to bother with me idling away while I mull over aquanaut names or triton loadout. There will be live audio comment on the next attempt!