xcom in dosbox

BladeFireLight

Does DosBox v0.72 have this call problem as well? I wouldn't worry about 0.73 as none of the distributors of X-COM are using that version. The only other thing you could do is only provide support up to 0.63/65 which would force people to download that version and apply the 0.72 config to it. But that wouldn't be too nice either. In any case, good luck! :oh:

- Zombie

Actually 0.72 was what I developed under. 0.63/65 don't have file redirection and a few other basic dos functions.

according to the release notes batch file processing got a full overhaul in that 0.73 now reopens a file for each line. this totally killed the shift statement (fixed in the current cvs), something I am using. and seemed to make the call function having unpredictable issues.

for now I'm doing a test if the shift statement doesn't work then setup will exit with an error asking the user to upgrade. not elegant but they release a broken version. Now I need to work with there support people to create a simplified batch file that can replicate the issue. If I don't it may not get fixed in the next release. :oh:

• 1 month later...