Impossible !

I was just playing TFTD ti'll suddenly something weird happened. A Deep One sniped 2 of my soldiers in to death but it's impossible, cause the Deep One is a close-range killer. It looked like it was firing plasma rounds. The creature can't use any weapons except the close-range elctrical discharge.

Anyone encountered this before ?

Not impossible. If it can see you, it can attack you.

It doesn't exactly use electrical rounds (the Ufopaedia is a little erronious on some matters). Mind control one and you'll see that its 'ammunition' looks like sonic clips. I think you can only fire them straight, but under alien control, they can toss the sonic bolts about like grenades.

Its like the Celatid's ballistic attack in UFO. If you can throw a grenade a long way away, so can the Deep-One.

- NKF

Well, I was just using grenade throwing as an example, since deep-one attacks follow a similar arc through the air.

What they really do is spit the bolt out of that tube that looks like or was a breathing apparatus. I guess you could say its got a built in launcher.

- NKF

Yeah, the ufopedia doesn't mention the ranged attack but I've had it loads of times. That's really all there is too it though. So now that everything is explained there is very little point for this thread. I'll leave it here but this rthread is closed. No more replies. :P Cheers