Unable to complete General Baur assault.

Patupi

OK, this is the second time around for me, I bought the Gold edition of silent Storm a year ago and went through all three (SS axis, SS allies, then Sentinels), with occasional difficulty, but I did do it. So now I retry and have started on Allies (where I know I had some difficulty the first time around getting PKs early enough. Missed where you were issued with them and had to capture all of mine that time).

I'm a little way into the campaign but still haven't gotten to the PK section. I'm on the 'General Baur's HQ' mission where the objectives are vague to say the least. 'Locate any documents that can advance the investigation'. Very helpful! I've stayed outside, sniped everyone as they came out, then swept in and finished the place off. Little to no explosions to destroy any info, but no clues at all. I redid the mission, same result. I reloaded at the end of the previous mission and went on, switched off the AI and did a quick search. Still no clues. What's up? Is this a dead end mission? Do I just kill everyone, leave and head to the next mission? I don't recall anything like this last time, or on the Axis side. If it's a bug with just this particular mission it'd be annoying. I found a link to a console command 'Win(20238)' to complete all objectives, but it doesn't seem to work. I just don't want to have to restart the whole thing over from the beginning of the campaign! I already had to do that this time already when I changed computers and save the wrong save game files to transfer! I don't feel like doing it a third time! OK, too many exclamation points for one paragraph.

Hope someone can help.

IIRC, don't you have to storm in and capture him?

That's the next mission, the one with the 'escape capsule' which is basically a jet? Rocket? plane type thing. His name is Koch. The one I'm stuck on is a similar German building but with a square plan and no back yard. Lots of offices inside, more so than Koch's building. I tried climbing on the various office chairs and tables just incase the clue was hidden somewhere obscure, in a cabinet and out of sight most of the time. Still haven't found it.

For the moment I've moved on to Koch's mission which I know I've completed (both as Axis and Allies. Axis was more tricky as you start in a trap!). I've already got Koch downed, but not picked him up yet. Haven't tried to search out the various clues here yet, but I remember there was one which was tricky up in the radio shack in the roof section.

I hope someone has an answer to this soon. Maybe this happened to me last time and I skipped it then too? Perhaps that is the clue that leads to getting Allies PKs like the Axis do? When the factory is under attack and you end up being given PKs?

Well, here's hoping!

IIRC, the Axis mission is to protect Bauer from harm. He is up on 1:st floor in a corner office.

A bunch of armed civilians are the nasties.

The Allied version is a bit weird, since you can't protect him from being blown up. The objective now is to get the secret weapon. However, the civilians can sneak out from the map, so you need to find it before they escape.

Edit; Ehrm, seems like I got the missions mixed up. ;)

I found an Allied save and managed to find a clue; "Capture any information on the prisoners relocation".

https://img7.imageshack.us/img7/2006/63823491.th.jpg

Btw, I play on "Hard" option, so I don't have a clue of what the clue is until I stumble upon them.

IIRC, the Axis mission is to protect Bauer from harm. He is up on 1:st floor in a corner office.

A bunch of armed civilians are the nasties.

The Allied version is a bit weird, since you can't protect him from being blown up. The objective now is to get the secret weapon. However, the civilians can sneak out from the map, so you need to find it before they escape.

Edit; Ehrm, seems like I got the missions mixed up. ;)

I found an Allied save and managed to find a clue; "Capture any information on the prisoners relocation".

https://img7.imageshack.us/img7/2006/63823491.th.jpg

Btw, I play on "Hard" option, so I don't have a clue of what the clue is until I stumble upon them.

Thanks for the help, but I knuckled down last night and replayed that mission a few times. In total it took about 6 replays of the mission before I got ANY clue in this mission, and funnily it's a different one than you got, though similar place. Same floor but one room to the left from yours. This one is a clue about a Russian scientist, and didn't lead to a flashing mission yet, just a question mark, unflashing, at present. Hope it'll turn into a 'current' mission and something to do with getting a PK factory mission (or whatever the Allies equivalent of that Axis mission is)

I don't normally cheat but this had me so ticked off that I just switched on game_noai 1 and reran it several times and did sweep, pretty much ignoring the Germans. Well, at least it worked, and I did work through that mission the hard way a couple of times before I gave up.

Thanks for the help

similar place. Same floor but one room to the left from yours. This one is a clue about a Russian scientist, and didn't lead to a flashing mission yet, just a question mark, unflashing, at present. Hope it'll turn into a 'current' mission and something to do with getting a PK factory mission (or whatever the Allies equivalent of that Axis mission is)

No reason you need to wait until it blinks. It might never do so.

No reason you need to wait until it blinks. It might never do so.

I thought that they only had useful clues etc when they blinked? If you go to those missions early you 'waste' them somehow? I seem to remember when I first played as Axis I did this by mistake and re ran a few missions and got more 'plot developement' that didn't happen when I picked that mission when it wasn't flashing. I guess it could have just been the random nature of the game, but I thought that only applied to clues to missions, not the plot results? Maybe there isn't really a different, I don't know.

• 5 months later...

I'm having the same problem on that mission, and even worse the game keeps crashing on that map once i am inside the estate.

But i also noticed that the mission is not rated as priority (flashing) on the game map, and i have 2 other German based missions left to do, one of them is flashing so i am going to try doding that mission first then come back to the Bauer mission and see if order of missions has anything to do with the clue showing up.

Its pretty annoying but hey its a bloody fun game when its no misbehaving.

• 2 months later...
I'm having the same problem on that mission, and even worse the game keeps crashing on that map once i am inside the estate.

But i also noticed that the mission is not rated as priority (flashing) on the game map, and i have 2 other German based missions left to do, one of them is flashing so i am going to try doding that mission first then come back to the Bauer mission and see if order of missions has anything to do with the clue showing up.

Its pretty annoying but hey its a bloody fun game when its no misbehaving.

You mentioned killing everyone!!This worked in the earl mountain campaign axis. You are supposed to knock out the engineer and I couldn't manage to do so.I mowed him down with my mp 40 and carried the body out of the level after all the enemies where dead.The lovely green leave mission icon light up and I won mission.That was a real hard mission with the scientist.I was so mad,I snapped and killed the bastard. Sometimes if your fist won't work a bullet will!!!LOL .I was surprised the game let me leave without him being knocked out??